The Importance Of Patience Through Every Season

It’s time to have faith in the One who is the most faithful to us

332
grace jicha photography

Lately, God has been teaching me a lot about being patient and waiting on His voice.

In Psalm 46:10, God tells us to “Be still and know that I am God.” I don’t know about you, but during times of anxiety and stress I have a lot of trouble being still. God has been teaching me how to wait on His voice with patience and in the stillness because many times it is in those quiet moments that He speaks so clearly.

I spent a season of my life running from the promises I knew God had for my life. I knew what I was doing was wrong and I felt the Holy Spirit’s conviction, but I wanted to do my own thing. I wanted to live in the world and experience what it had to offer. As I ran, God waited patiently for me to return to Him. Throughout my season of disobedience, He remained so faithful to me.

Following that season of running, I reaped the consequences of my actions in a season of heartbreak and loneliness. I felt so discontent and isolated. I wanted answers about why I was going through this. I impatiently asked God over and over again to just fast forward past this season to when my heart wouldn’t hurt anymore. All I wanted was for this time in my life to be over so I could just experience the future God has promised me, but God doesn’t allow us to endure seasons without a purpose.

Ecclesiastes 3 says, “There is a time for everything, and every season for every activity under the Heavens:... a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance… He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart, yet no one can fathom what God has done beginning to end."

I love the ending where it talks about how us humans can’t even begin to understand what God has done since the beginning of time and what He will do in the future.

Every season, God allows us to endure is purposeful and that purpose is always good because He is a good God. If God was so patient with me for the year I rejected His plan for me, why have I been so impatient throughout the winter seasons of my life? Why am I so restless in waiting for a God who is all knowing, all powerful and loving?

I’m learning to wait on God’s voice and beginning to understand that He will speak to me when I need to hear it, not when I just want to hear it out of my impatience and anxiety. We serve a God who is greater than heartbreak, loss, anxiety and fear. It’s time to have faith in the One who is the most faithful to us and trust that He will carry us through every season.