The Importance Of 'Me Time'

The Importance Of 'Me Time'

You can't keep running on E.

14
https://pixabay.com/photos/tea-cup-rest-calm-afternoon-381235/

These past few weeks have been so hectic for me. Between work, school, and trying to make time for friends, I haven't really had time for myself. When I get going and busy, I keep running and running until I get too exhausted. I don't like being lazy all day. I'm someone who likes to have plans all day, from the minute I wake up until when I go to sleep.

However, when I do this for a while and I don't have time for myself, I start to get agitated with life and I wind up having a mental breakdown (that usually includes dying my hair). If you're like that, stop doing that to yourself. It's not good for your mental or physical health. You're just going to wind up crashing.

I usually get one day a week (usually Friday) where I'm off from both school and work. On that day, I have a "me day." I get coffee from a cute coffee shop, get my nails done, and do something productive, like homework or cleaning my room.

I live for these days. These days are what I need to feel fresh and rejuvenated after a stressful, busy week.

Even if you're busy every day, at least take time before bed to do something relaxing. You can read, meditate or pray, watch Netflix, or draw. It doesn't matter what you do; just do something for you at some point in the day that will make you happy and relaxed.

You can't go from school to work and then go be productive by doing a ton of homework. When you get home from work, at least take 30 minutes to unwind and do something for you.

Taking care of yourself is important. You can't succeed if you are running on E all the time. You wouldn't drive your car on E, so why would you do that to yourself?