Importance Of Education In UAE And The Future Prospects

Let's discuss some facts about education in UAE, it's importance, and jump right into the prospects of the western schooling system.

46
Importance of education and the prospects of American schooling system.

The Education in UAE - An Overview

The Education system of UAE at present is divided into three categories- public schools, private schools, and higher educational institutions.

Public schools strictly follow the Arabic curriculum, while the private ones follow 15 different curriculums from all around the globe. Here the schools that follow national curriculums from the U.K, U.S, India, and the ministry of education constitute about 90% of the total private schooling. And others like International baccalaureate, French, Canadian, etc. are part of the private school system as well.

In UAE, both primary and secondary education is free for all nationals in public schools and has been deemed a compulsion for all boys and girls. The most astonishing thing about the system is; the emphasis on 'preserving the heritage' without closing the doors to the western culture. This means that the main medium of instruction is in Arabic, but equal emphasis is put on the English language as well; the best of both worlds.

From personal experience, "In most of the countries, it is either 'this or that ' kind of scenario that prevails. Either it is the heritage that gets favored of all or it is the unfamiliar that gets accepted."

Online Education in UAE

Distance learning in UAE is nothing new. In fact, online schooling in UAE is considered a 'trend' instead of a convenience. The growing numbers of parents, deciding to homeschool their children prefer online school for their children.

UAE's Ministry of Education even decided to suspend regular learning in all schools and nurseries and shift 100% to distance learning, considering the pandemic situation in Ajman.

Higher Education in UAE

UAE is no stranger to allowing foreign curriculums, boards of education, and it incorporates them quite seamlessly, as long as the Arabic culture is also propelled side by side. Most colleges in the country are branches of renowned international universities. In fact, many colleges originally of the nation have their branches headquartered internationally as well; like a global alliance sharing each other's resources in the best way possible, a remarkable achievement.

Importance of Education in the UAE

The Emirates are well endowed with the fact that not everyone fits in a certain box and it is best to keep diverse boxes in abundance. Giving the students, a wide array to choose from, especially the seamless incorporation of the American schooling curriculum. Thinking about the future of education here, the possibilities are endless.

"The survival of the fittest", the one who is always evolving is the everlasting. Talking about the problems of the system that prevailed before the incorporation of international boards of education. There were quite a few - low academic scores, incompetent students, they were unable to compete with the rest of the world. Not because there was any inconsistency on their part, but more because the Arabic curriculum was totally different than its foreign counterparts.

So, the incorporation of international curriculums became a necessity to impart global education.

Education in UAE in the Future

The government has been taking consistent and significant steps to keep the country's educational system on par with the rest of the world, by allowing the students to receive the 'best of worlds', the eastern as well as the western.
To bring quality education with new additions to the closet every year, and one such improvement is the American curriculum.

Prospects of American Schooling System

Engaging and Innovative

Teachers and students are equally engaged in the learning process. Western education system propels that creativity is the only way to effectively create something. Creating from memorizing some facts and figures isn't creating at all. It is more like cloning or making a replica, not even close to the original.

It consistently put forth the idea of what a well-formed mind can do in comparison to a well-educated one. That is all the difference there is, and it isn't surprising that the most brilliant and out-of-the-box inventions & discoveries are from the west.

Universal

The American education system is renowned worldwide and is universal. After completing high school, you receive a high school diploma. A diploma earned from an American curriculum school is accepted for entrance by all universities in the United States and almost all the international universities, globally.

Unique

It has its unique share of merits unlike any other. One of the obvious merits being the high school completion diploma, which allows people to get into vocational jobs easily. A usual high school certificate cannot substitute a diploma; making it a unique feature of the American education system. Moreover, a diploma is an achievement that typically means that the student is well versed with grade-level English, mathematics, social studies, science, and other classes.

Conclusion

The future of the nation's education seems prosperous. Students, being the most vital part of a nation's development, the next generation is coming out stronger and equally competent with those from around the world. The American system follows a holistic approach for its student's development and educational growth. Making it a trend here, especially in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Al Ain. Hence, it won't be wrong to say that the American curriculum being prevalent and universal, has great prospects.

International Schooling is one such international online school that caters to students of all kinds and follows the American curriculum, throughout the Middle East, America, and Asia.

The education system in UAE is so influential, that most of the Asian countries are beginning to implement a similar change in their policies to achieve such remarkable results.