To My Future Sister-In-Law On Her Wedding Day

I hope you know you're dearly loved.

19259
Bare Feet photography

From overly detailed text messages to surprising dress orders from India and nights spent watching mom make flower décor of all styles, we have been preparing for this day for quite some time. Honestly, the wait has seemed longer than the seven months it has taken to get us here. When you asked me to be your bridesmaid a few months ago, I was a little unsure on how to best encourage you through all things wedding related, but now I consider myself a pro at helping relieve the jitters you never even had.

After all of the waiting and planning, all of the love, time and money that has went into getting you to this moment, the day has arrived! So, here’s my letter to you, the deserving and beautiful bride, on your wedding day.

In a little while, you’ll be exchanging vows with the man who made you a mother, and the one that was always worth fighting for. You’ll probably mess up some words and cry when he recites his, but you’ll cheer when it’s all over. At the end of the night, you’ll be way too happy to take your shoes off, and you’ll be getting congratulations messages for weeks from now. I hope that in every second of the day, you see just how much beauty is infused into the time.

I hope you know you’re loved always, by me, your family, God, and (of course) your new husband. I hope you know we’ll always be rooting for you. I hope you recognize the perfect fit that your mister is, and I hope you know that I smile when I see the two of you together. I pray that the love you two have will be passed down to your children’s children as a testament for what the Lord created love to be.

You deserve nothing less than the compassionate, careful, detail- oriented man than you are getting today. You know I’d give you the whole world if I could, but since God’s a better cupid than I’ll ever be, He set you up years ago to meet the man that you would never really be able to get over. I’m thankful that watching your story unfold has taught me what loyalty, unconditional love, and an intentional relationship looks like. I am in awe of the support system that y’all have for one another, and despite being entirely different, your love is still the same. I give all glory to our Creator for the success that I have so joyfully been able to watch you two accomplish. Today is such a celebration of that, and I hope you never forget the feeling of walking down the aisle to make a covenant to your man and God in front of so many people who will always root for you.

In life, I know there will be days that you feel lost, like you have no idea why you did this in the first place, and like no one appreciates the effort you put in daily. These times will come not because you’re not in the situation God ordained for you, and not because you haven’t given it your all. They’ll come when you have been stretched thin and when other things in your life are going astray. Please know during these times that the Lord has not abandoned you, He is only testing you. I hope that you will take time to love yourself, and that you will allow yourself to feel loved by others, no matter how unworthy you feel. Look at those that have done it before you and take a breath. Sweet wife, sweet mama, you’ll do just fine.

Here’s to the beginning of a new chapter, learning to perfect signing new names after yours, and to every beautiful thing that is sure to come from your union with a man who loves you dearly. Thank you for allowing me to love you, to celebrate with you, and to stand alongside you today and forever. I am so grateful for your heart, and to be a part of your family. I’ll forever cherish the moments (and smiles and pictures and tears) that are to come.