The Importance Of Being Single, At Least For A Little While

Single and fabulous.
6

The older I get, the more I want to prevent younger people from making the same mistakes that I have made. I have been single for a long long time. I've been in serious relationships and dated casually. I love both. There is nothing like having someone to come home to and say " Honey how was your day?" Or having a casual relationship where you just enjoy each other's company and have fun together. But, there is nothing more important than nurturing yourself first.

I have seen it time and time again where young women are in a relationship after relationship and they forget who they are or what their goals are. They give up their friends. They re-arrange their schedules and are available to a guy who really doesn't need to put much effort in because she is doing it all. These are the young women that I think about the most.

One thing I have learned while being single is that forgetting who you are can lead to very dysfunctional life. Life can be hard enough without having to argue with someone or to have someone disagree with you all the time over important decisions. I implore these women to take care in choosing a partner because it can and will effect the rest of your life!

Of course, there are many young women that are very smart and determined to live life on their own terms and they know what kind of a guy they want and will not settle for less. I wish for every young woman to be like that. I wish that they discover that they can be their own best friend. That took me way too long to discover... The one person that they need to care about the most is themselves!!