Implementation of Network Automation: Why you should care?
News

With network automation, businesses can not only accelerate their security & time to revenue but can also save operational costs.

8

No doubt, there’s a great need of automating everyday network tasks to make the operations flow productive and ensure security. These days, the adaption of digital transformation has given rise to various network complexities which are tough to handle through manual processes. For the prevention of manual errors, security concerns, and network outages, enterprises are looking for network automation solutions. Here a question arises- Is the implementation of automation needed for enterprises? Why one should care about its adoption in IT practices?

In this article, let’s explore the concept of network automation and how it is going to positively impact businesses:

What is Network Automation? Get to know

Network automation means the utilization of various tools and techniques for speeding up repetitive tasks on a network. In an enterprise, automation is implemented on the network for solving various network challenges. These include failure, quality of communication, security, performance, downtime, and so on. Enterprises that have remote locations and branches mostly rely on network automation for efficiency and connectivity.

In a network, physical and virtual devices are used for ensuring connectivity. With automation, the process of configuring, deploying, testing, managing, and operating the devices becomes automated. But, most companies still rely on traditional or manual networks but this is not useful for them in many aspects.

Within a network, there will be everyday network tasks and functions for management. Because of automation, network service gets improved and impacts the business positively. No matter what sort of industry or business it is, there are a lot of things that need to be done by the IT staff. This includes infrastructure configuration, deployment of the devices, verifying the status of their systems, and so on. So, these all are repetitive tasks that happen within a network. For achieving this, enterprises use network automation tools.

Network automation makes IT practices easier and smoother

No doubt, the network automation platform is available in different sizes and shapes as per the requirement of the enterprises. Network maintenance and management require automation so that it can take care of every repetitive process. Another concern of an organization is the increased in IT operation costs that can be managed with automation.

With implementation, it becomes easy to remove manual operations for managing network infrastructure. Be it efficiency, flexibility, or agility, automation helps businesses in all these ways. In addition to this, automation in a network makes network testing and resource provisioning possible. The countless benefits of the implementation of automation encourage businesses to integrate it into their IT practices.

Increased network complexity gives rise to the need for automation

With a strong network, it becomes difficult to manage remote locations and services. A manual network is also sometimes not enough for the entire management. In addition to this, making manual changes in the network or devices can cause inconsistencies, failure, and downtime in the network and configuration errors.

Today, the vast majority of network tasks in various enterprises are still manual which causes complications in connectivity. Identifying the cause of slowdowns and manual errors will only increase challenges for IT personnel. The addition of devices in networking sometimes causes this sort of complexity. However, the utilization of network automation removes all these challenges and gives a boost to overall IT productivity.

Understanding the usefulness of network automation

In this section, let’s learn about some usefulness of adopting network automation:

Less possibility of manual mistakes

Enterprises that are still working on manual networks are at greater risk of manual configuration errors. The complicated network processes can sometimes cause errors in configuration, management, and deployment. But with automation, there will be no longer the influence of complex networks on the IT teams. the use of automation software reduces the chances of human errors that can happen during the deployment, management, and configuration of the devices.

No issue of network resilience

By utilizing automation, an enterprise will be able to witness increased network resiliency: If the network performance is good and there’s quality communication then businesses can high-quality services with consistency. The connectivity between the branches and remote locations will be done with ease without any network complexity.

Reduction in the IT operating costs

Digital transformation is making businesses productive and complex at the same time. This has increased a number of devices and tools within a network ultimately increasing the IT costs of the business. Connecting different locations and managing devices in the network requires a lot of investment. Along with saving huge money, automation can use the resources in a better way to reduce repetitive network operations.

Very less network failure or downtime

Any sort of network failure or error leads to downtime that impacts the enterprise’s productivity. This mostly happens as a result of human error in various IT practices. Because of this, businesses fail to provide services consistently to all their branches and locations. However, IT Automation resolves downtime and many other network challenges. It works effectively to identify the issues in the network even before they are happening.

Ensures network security

For any enterprise, network security remains at the top as no one wants cyber threats and attacks. Despite various security features, there are various new security attacks that can happen within a network. Modern enterprises operating in the digital world require a network with complete security. For this, network automation is of great usage as provides excellent security and keeps threats away from the network.

To sum up

Automation in the network makes an enterprise’s IT operations more adaptable to change through network analytics. Along with this, network automation increases network control by reducing the chances of downtime and performance issues. Because of all these reasons, one should care about the implementation of network automation in their business’s IT infrastructure.