I'm Not Okay With Being Coddled

I'm Not Okay With Being Coddled

Aren't we adults?

20
I'm Not Okay With Being Coddled
youtube

When you hear about going to college you hear that these are the year you will remember for the rest of you life, or it's the best time of you life, where you're free to make decisions on your own. Your away from home, away from mom or dad telling you what you can or can not do right? Wrong!!!

At least for the case of the bubble. The bubble is a term used for a " security blanket". Don't get me wrong I Love the University I go to, and everything they stand for, but there comes a time and place where we have to be treated like adults. If you have a female who has majority male friends or vise versa, but is prohibited to just go to the room of the opposite sex and talk, play video games, or just hang out, I'm going to feel like I'm being treated like a baby. I never had rules like that being home, I understand everyone in college is there to get there education, then start there lives, but forming bonds, and connections with people is apart of growing up.

If you have people who are continuing to be coddled when they head out into the real world, there going to crash and burn. I feel as if some sort of Trust should be there, until I give reason to do otherwise. I can understand that we are a Christian University, but if I'm just trying to fellowship with my brothers in Christ why should there be limitations? The fact that I can not even have my own brother who is 13 stay in the same room as me is an incredible issues, that's my blood really. I know that the school doesn't want to tempt us, but that's all apart of growing up.

You need to make mistakes so you can learn from them and make better choices next time. We learn this thing called self-control. Not every male friend of mine wants to sleep with me and I definitely don't want to sleep with them, so what's the problem. This bubble system is going to crash and burn, and is ultimately crippling the students. You have to dress like this, do this, eat this, don't act like this, make sure your in by this. NO!!!!

If someone is dressed in a certain attire and they get fired because of it, or don't get the position they want because they are acting a certain way, there going to realize quickly what they have to do to change, but the company will not be holding your hand because of it, why, because as adults we are expected to act like one. Grow up people seriously.