I'm Getting Happier And I've Figured Out Why

Certain things help you get through depression, I'm glad this helps me
4

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression for officially two years this month. The funny thing is, I tend to find myself in a much better mood this time of year. It's interesting because there is a 'norm' that this is the time when many people with a mental health disorder start to hit a down point. Yet, I am the complete opposite.

I find myself in the fall and winter happier than ever. Right now is my favorite time of the year; all of the leaves, rain, chillier weather, the whole package. It makes me so happy, I'm getting super excited typing this right now. But, in the summer I am beyond miserable. Ugh, I hate the summer, the heat, the humidity, all of it. It is horrible, and I never leave my house unless I'm forced to. I find myself falling into a spiral of sadness during the summer and I think it is so interesting. Isn't the sun supposed to make you happier? Like the vitamins in the sun or whatever? I don't know, all I know is, I get even more sad than normal in the summer.

This isn't to say that I am not still depressed because I sure as hell am. It is not as easy to get rid of, as many may think. But autumn's dreariness and lack of force to be outside makes me happy and makes me want to go outside. The moral of this is basically, I am so happy right now and I wanted to share with everyone that not everyone has the same things that make them happy. Autumn is my happiness, and I am so grateful that it helps me get through my depression!