I'm 170 Pounds And On Weight Watchers

I'm 170 Pounds And On Weight Watchers

You don't have to be losing weight to focus on eating better!

81
I'm 170 Pounds And On Weight Watchers
Brittney Moffatt

I am 23 years old, less than 170 lbs. and am currently on Weight Watchers.

To most people, I sound crazy. When I tell people that I'm watching what I eat, they tell me that I don't need to lose weight or I'm too thin or something along those lines.

I agree that I'm a good weight, but like most people, I have things that I'm insecure about. But, my main goal isn't to lose weight. For me, I just want to be healthier.

Most of my life, I've been pretty thin. Before I started weight watchers, I was at my heaviest weight which was 177. I didn't have a big problem with that. I'm almost 5'11, so being around this weight is pretty normal.

I ate like most people eat (and kind of still do, just smarter) which was whatever I wanted. Had plenty of fast food like Wendy's, Chipotle, etc. whenever my stomach desired it. I rarely ate vegetables and fruits unless it came in juice form. Potatoes, cheese and bread were my best friends (and still are but just smarter!). I really never gave much thought into my weight or that I was slowly gaining from my 137 weight I was freshman year of college.

Now, of course, I don't expect to be the weight I was at 18, five years later. But, eating like that had a lot of other symptoms that I really made life harder.

I was super tired all the time. Getting up for school or work was always a challenge. I was also just in a bad mood more often. I noticed that I got into a lot more fights when people because I was in a bad mood more often. I also lacked motivation for a lot of things. Laziness is what I was known for.

Since I've been eating better, I have noticed a decrease in a lot of those symptoms. I am a lot more motivated to get things done. I have a full-time job, two internships, a start-up freelancing business, a blog, and I'm writing for Odyssey. Talk about getting stuff done. I'm also less tired. I've actually been getting up earlier just to make sure I get more done in the morning when I'm most productive. My mood has also improved which makes my relationships and jobs better.

Now, I'm not saying that slightly changing your diet will completely change all your life problems. I still get tired, have a crappy mood, and lay around all day after work. But, the slight change in some of my lesser qualities is really worth it. Losing a couple lbs is just icing on the cake.

I also want to develop these better eating habit now before I am at a weight that I don't like or my annoying habits turn into health problems.

Whether you're 100 lbs. or 400 lbs., we are all trying to be the best that we can be. Don't knock someone for trying to do better. Encourage them instead!