Why Illinois Is In Such Bad Shape

Not Your Everyday Hateful Article About Illinois And Its Problems

Chicago can't salvage the state.

99
https://www.pexels.com/photo/one-world-trade-center-under-cloudy-sky-during-daytime-161963/

I recently went to Wisconsin for a little vacation. While vacations are supposed to be nice, this was nicer than usual. It was relaxing, and it was a getaway from the constant stresses. When I thought a little harder, I realized I had a great time because I wasn't in the state of Illinois. I'm sure everyone has seen a video or article about how awful Illinois is. The most common answer is its financial problems. While this is a major reason why the state sucks, it's not the only reason. I'm going to dive into other things that make the state horrible. To add, there are also many positives with the state and I love where I was raised, there are just too many problems right now.

The most noticeable change between Illinois and Wisconsin was the heat. I was in both states on the same day and it was supposed to be ninety degrees. It was hot in Wisconsin but not very humid. I entered Illinois and could instantly tell the difference. It was supposed to be the same temperature, but it was so much more humid in Illinois. Living in Illinois for 21 years, I've come to the conclusion that Illinois can see brutal summers and brutal winters. We may see a foot of snow one month, and one hundred degrees the next. Illinois has such bipolar weather, it messes with people's allergies and it throws people off. The humid summer's make it nearly impossible to be out during the daytime when we see a scorching week. Personally, I love the winter, but many people complain that Illinois also gets "too much snow."

The weather in this state is as fucked as its financial stability.

The next thing that sucks about Illinois is its taxes. Living in Cook County, I'm used to crazy high sales tax. But when I go to another state and realize how cheap it is, it makes me wonder. Illinois also has tolls and this pisses me off like no other. It seems like you are tolled every other mile. If you enter Illinois from another state using a tollway, you are instantly tolled. It seems like the state tolls you even before greeting you. And with all this money being brought in, the state still manages to fuck up. The state is in horrible financial condition, even though we are taxed more than almost all the other states.

With all that tax and toll money, you think the state would pour that money back into the fucking road they are tolling you on. The roads in this state are a disgrace. There are so many cracks and potholes, you have to hold your breath every time you drive because you become nervous that you popped a tire. I can't tell if I'm driving down the highway, or driving down a dirt path.

While we talk about the poor conditions of the roads, let's talk about the construction. There is construction everywhere in this state, but it still seems like nothing is done. The sign will say it takes three years to build/fix something and it feels like there is never anyone working. I feel like it could be done so much faster which would help traffic and save money for the state.

I'm not going to waste anyone's time writing about the financial status of our state because honestly, it's sad. It's too complicated to explain because our state is run by lazy, ignorant people. Just understand that this state is in VERY poor condition. The finances are a problem but so is the weather, the taxes, the tolls, the roads, and the construction. No wonder Illinois is the state with the most people leaving rather than moving in.