Growing up I never really had a best friend like everyone else around me did. Sure, I had friends, But not someone I could necessarily count on or tell all my deepest darkest secrets to.
Back then, I really didn't understand why I didn't have that one person that would always have my back.
But now I understand why God was waiting to place that special person in my life at 16 years old. Not only did he become my best friend but he became my boyfriend as well and looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way.
These are the reasons why I love having my boyfriend as my best friend, my go to.
1. I can count on him, no matter what.
2. We do girly facial masks together.
3. He knows me better than I know myself.
4. It's not just couple stuff 24/7, we even play Xbox together.
5. He'll give in and watch 'chick flicks'.
6. Having puppy play dates with our dogs.
7. Getting pedicures together, no polish for him though.
8. No matter how much he hates shopping, he will stick it out and watch me try on everything in the store.
We are basically a package deal wherever we go and there isn't one regret that comes along with it. Yeah, he may not be able to do all girl things with me, but he tries and does what he can to make me happy so that's all that matters.
When it comes down to it, my boyfriend is my best friend and that's truly okay.