If You Are Going To Protest, Remember These 5 Tips And Stay Safe

Protesting can be a scary and dangerous thing - these 5 tips will help guide you.

16
Photo by Spenser on Unsplash

All across America, protests and riots are spreading like wildfire. People are joining together to protest against police brutality, racism, COVID safety measures, and so much more.

If you are planning on participating, please stay safe and be smart about it. I have constructed a list for five helpful tips for your protest sessions. Please keep in mind that I am no expert in this field; however, I know for a fact that these will help you.

1. Bring water and stay hydrated.

Protesting consists of lots of yelling... outside. This is can be very physically challenging and strain your voice. Please always have water handy to keep yourself healthy, hydrated, and ready to use your influential voice.

2. Do not start the fight. 

Please do not start a fight if one is not presented to you. There is absolutely no reason to throw rocks, yell in people's faces, or vandalize buildings. There's a difference between peaceful protesting and rioting.

3. Keep your stance and stay strong. 

If police forces come your way, do not stop. Do not escalate the situation, either. Just stand your ground. Stay silent even. This shows that you care about what you believe in and that they cannot stop you or anyone else.

4. Keep your head on a constant swivel. 

Protesting can be very violent and dangerous, especially when it turns into a riot. Keep a lookout for dangers and always be cautious.

5. Respect others. 

This applies not only to your fellow protestors, but to the police force as well. If the police are not invasive, let them be. Try to avoid any disturbances. I know this is hard, but it can be achieved a lot simpler by being nice and respectful. If someone doesn't agree with you, that's fine. That's why we call it an opinion.