If The President Can, Why Can't I?

If The President Can, Why Can't I?

He's normalized everything I was taught not to do, so why don't I follow along?
4

If the President can be a narcissist, why can't I?

Because I was taught that humility will beat cockiness in every battle and cockiness is simply fear.

If the President can feel entitled, why can't I?

Because I was taught that I need to earn and work hard for what I get, it won't be handed to me.

If the President can mock those less fortunate than him, why can't I?

Because I was taught that respect is key, no one should be treated differently because of their position in life.

If the President can make fun of a disabled person, why can't I?

Because I was taught their disability is not a weakness; I am not better than they are.

If the President can show hate for an entire ethnic group, why can't I?

Because I was taught that I am not better because of the color of my skin, we were all created equal in God's eyes.

If the President can stand by someone who doesn't support LGBTQ rights, why can't I?

Because I was taught that love is love and gender has nothing to do with it.

If the President can say having a child is inconvenient, why can't I?

Because I was taught having children is one of the most rewarding a beautiful experiences a woman can have.

If the President can say abortion should be punished, why can't I?

Because I was taught that it's my body and my choice no one else's.

If the President can break a promise, why can't I?

Because I was taught (by Michelle and Melania) that your word is your bond.

If the President can use Twitter as a platform is verbally abuse people, why can't I?

Because I was taught that hiding behind the internet is cowardly, as is verbal abuse.

If the President can take the most powerful seat in our country with no experience, why can't I?

Because ever job I apply for asks for 2-4 years of experience THAT's WHY.

I can do everything our President has done, the difference is that I choose not to because my parents raised me to be kind and respectful and work hard for what I want. Donald Trump is no different that I am, he's made of the same flesh and blood. But my actions strive to reflect the golden rule: treat others the way you would like to be treated. And I think it's quite obvious he's never been taught that.