If It's What You Want, Prove It

If It's What You Want, Prove It

I will go to medical school one day. It is in my future.

37
YouTube

I have heard so many people say, "I want to never have to worry about money ever again". I think to myself every time... "me too". I never want to have to worry about money again. I want to be successful. I want to be able to give back to my family, my friends, and my community. I want. I want. I want.

Over and over again this plays in my mind. It plays on repeat every day of my life. I'm sure I'm not the only one that deals with this. I want to make my parents proud. I want to make myself proud. I want to fulfill my purpose.

Medical school is in my future. I work nonstop every day to make sure that I am doing everything in my power to see this come to pass. I pray for my future and over all of my hard work. So many people tell me they have no idea how I do what I do. Honestly, I have no idea how I do it either. Prayer and faith are the only things that keep me going.

I get told all of the time that I am crazy for crying over B's, but I always do. Making a B is never what I want; however, if I learned in the class and a B is all I can manage, then it was definitely worth it. All I can do is my best. All anyone can do is their best. If you want to go to medical school, graduate school, or anything really, I'm here to tell you that you can do it! Putting in the work is one of the hardest things to do, but as my mother always says, "your determination will get you where you want to go. You can't give up or you'll never get where you want to go".

Giving things up in order to see my dreams come to pass is worth it. Spending Friday nights studying because there wasn't time to do it during the week. Scheduling my life so that I can make sure I get everything done. Losing a bit of sleep now and again to finish assignments or to get my work hours in this week.

Back to the beginning, I hear people say "I want..." all of the time, but I rarely actually see people willing to give things up in order to see their dreams come true. Reader, if you want something out of life, don't let anyone tell you that you can't have it. Don't let your circumstances tell you how your future will turn out. Be strong! Have determination! Go for your dreams! If it takes you a long time to get there, who cares? The fact that you're trying is enough. Never give up. Don't listen to those crazy voices that will tell you you're not good enough. If nothing else, you have me encouraging you. I want everyone to see their dreams come to pass. I want everyone to make their life the best it can possibly be. Don't forget your roots and don't forget to work hard. Good luck and have faith!