My Dog Is Better Than Any Human

My Dog Is Better Than Any Human

A dog is truly a man's or (woman's) best friend.

61
My Dog Is Better Than Any Human

I remember the first time my hound Buddy came home with me. It was August of 2019 when Buddy was just about 20 pounds. He was quite anxious about arriving to his new home, but eventually he grew to love his environment. Buddy and I had to work at our relationship everyday. He had a previous owner in Puerto Rico who abused him and as a result, he lives with anxiety and PTSD.

As time went on, Buddy started to trust me more. He could feel the love I gave him every single day regardless of whether he had an accident in the house or decided to hide from me because of his anxiety. I made sure he felt secure and had him sleep in my bed with me every single night and he still does today. Buddy hates baths but he listens to me with sass on his face to get in the tub and stay still. So, why is Buddy so much better than any human relationship that I have formed?

I've been best friends with Buddy for almost two years now and we are inseparable! Wherever Buddy goes, I go and vice versa. We sleep in the same bed, we eat at the same time, we take naps quite often and we sprint around the house like we are mad men. Buddy enjoys the rubs I give him on his belly and the pats on his head when he does something good. He can physically and mentally feel the appreciation that I have for him.

I know that Buddy can see how happy I am without even understanding my emotions fully. When I am sad, he knows to be around me more than usual in order to comfort me in my time of need. He can see how I need my time alone to do homework or to study for an exam. In the meantime, he tends to take a nap while laying next to me.

Buddy also takes in the scent of my hair when it's freshly washed. He constantly smells me when I come home after a long day of school to figure out where I've been and who I've been with. He briefly smells me after I've worked out really hard and honestly, I don't blame him for running away from me after one whiff.

Not only can he see the emotions on my face but he knows when I am in a vulnerable state. When I go to the bathroom he makes sure than I am protected from anyone trying to hurt me because it's me and him in our pack! He is the most loyal, compassionate, caring and protective animal I've ever had and that's why our relationship is better than any human relationship I've ever had.

Without Buddy, I wouldn't have been able to survive the ups and downs that have occurred in my life. He's always there for me and he truly gets me without even speaking one word to me. Sometimes you don't need words to express the way you feel about someone or something, you just feel and that's more than enough.