IDK What I Want To Do In Life And I'm Stressed

College is supposed to be about finding my way, but I'm f*ckin' lost.

177
The Raw Kitchen

I am very stressed right now. I just finished my first year of college and I have zero job offers, internship callbacks, and experience in general... I have a general English and math credit? Can I please be rich now? I'm sitting here on a Tuesday summer night watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" as I ponder how can I get rich, famous, and happy just like them? A sex tape could work... But my family would probably disown me, as if I fucking care?

So this is a general question for people who are older than I am... Will I ever truly find what I love to do, and get rich as I do it? But then there's the part of me that is like I can be poor as long as I'm doing something I love!! But no... Lol, if I have to scrounge for money to meet my bills every month, I'll fucking flip a shit. Paying my own credit card bill right now is too hard for me as it is. Imagine paying like 25 different bills every month..??

I've changed my major three times already and I just finished freshman year of college. Now I know some people don't figure our what they want to do till like junior year, but... I'm not one of those people. I need to know what I want to do now, and stop wasting my college credits on all the shit classes I don't have to take. I feel like I'm wasting my time at college by taking my classes that, 1. won't count towards my degree, 2. give me no credit for what I want to do when I'm older and, 3. again, in general, wasting my fucking time.

So let me give you some background... I came into the University of Miami as a pre-med major; this gave me hope-- I would be a doctor one day! I soon realized how much science was involved and my dream crumbled a little bit. I thought being a doctor was like this:

So after I quickly realized pre-med/medical school/residency/everything else in the world would take too long, I switched to an easier major-- Communications. This major is just a lot of typing and social media, two things I am excellent at, however, bore me. So. I decided to switch about a week ago.

Now, here I am... End of freshman year, (it's the summer, LOL)...Switched my major yet again to... Drum roll please! Pre-Med!

It might sound stupid, but I think I needed to try other classes in college to realize that they were boring and go back to my real passion-- helping people! So basically, even if you feel like you're wasting your time, just know that you probably are and that is OK! I had to waste my time to realize what I loved... so, don't feel stressed. College is all about making mistakes and finding your way. Good thing it only took me a year to figure out what I love, some people it takes four years and all they end up with is a liberal arts degree... Yikes.