I really do care, Melania

I Really Do Care, Melania

Why don't you?

Aly Cook
Aly Cook
119

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this picture is worth me saying "Fuck you," 500 times.

I really cannot believe this picture is real. I cannot believe that the current administration would be so brazen with apathy and the collusion of destroying families.

I cannot believe that multiple people allowed Melania Trump to put this coat on, walk outside and be photographed on her way to visit a detention center for children. Not one person said, "hey, maybe you should take that (last season Zara) coat off." She was flying from Maryland to Texas where its at least mmm, 90 degrees outside?

"It's a jacket. There was no hidden message."
- Stephanie Grisham, Communications Director for FLOTUS

There is no hidden message. Your message is loud and clear to us. You really do not care how your actions look to Americans. You really don't care about doing things in good taste. And why would you, if you don't respect the people who are looking at you?

The more I stare at this picture, the more I start to understand.

The Trumps do not care about "regular" Americans, least any one from a different country. In the past month we've watched this administration create tension with our allies in order to cozy up with dictators.

The Trumps do not care about you. They only care about money and power. After meeting North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, Trump had this to say:

'He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

Surely, I'm not the only one who is worried by these sentiments?

I can't be the only one who is scared by our dictator-in-the-making.

And I'm definitely not the only one angered about kids being taken away from their parents and held in detention centers with no guarantee they will ever meet again.

This isn't "how it starts." It started when Trump entered office. We're just moving at a pace faster than ever before that we're not sure what stage of holocaust we're at.

The Trumps are yelling loud and clear for the people in the back who haven't gotten it yet: The Trump administration does not care about children and immigrants, and they certainly don't care about you unless you can help them.

Melania, I really do care about the state of our country under this administration. 70% of Americans really do care that you are detaining children away from their parents. And you should too.