I Asked 31 People What The Best Advice They Ever Got Was And This Is What They Said

From all age ranges

15
ACMantei

Instead of shower thoughts, I have late night before I fall asleep thoughts. One night this past week, I was thinking about the best piece of advice I ever received. I had a ton of different initial thoughts. The next morning, I asked my family what their answer to the question was and every family member said something so dramatically different. I asked others to see what they thought and this is what they said.

Do the hard work now while you are young, but have your fun

Be the nice kid

Listen to what others say but to trust yourself and value your own judgments more than the opinions of others

If you can live your life without an audience, do it

Hope for the best, expect the worst

Marry a rich man who is never home and lets you spend all his money

It is later than you think

If you wait, good things will happen

Think about how you would handle a situation if you were 10 years older, more mature, and more wise, but don’t forget to bring your 10 year old self along and make them happy too

Have more than you show, speak less than you know

Check in on yourself

It is ok to be selfish about your own happiness

Don't try to fit your own seat at a table where you aren't appreciated. Make your own table and people will gravitate towards you

You only have to be good enough for yourself. Not anyone else.

Forgiveness is better than revenge

Take time to get to know yourself

Be patient

Life isn't fair

Be as kind as you can to everyone, you don't know what battles they are fighting

Find joy in the little things

Don't be a victim of your situation

Laugh as much as you can

Find out what is important to you in life and devout your life to it. Don't let others get in the way

Treat people with kindness (#TPWK)

Fairytales can come true, you just have to make them happen

Hold your loved ones close

You are braver and stronger than you know

Don't judge someone based on the opinions of others

Take those crazy chances

Don't hold grudges, life is too short

If is seems scary, then do it. Chances are it will be worth it

When you start loving yourself, everything falls into place