5 Ways To Tell If Your Partner Was God-Sent

5 Ways To Tell If Your Partner Is Actually God's Answer To Your Prayers

"You will be someone's best thing" - R.H. Sin

89

I contemplated for a long time what I should start making my Odyssey brand be because I am an emotional writer and all my personal best work comes from when my emotions are on the edge of overflowing and I should just push them out. So, I write. However, I also noticed these writings tended to get more views than my more factual or fun writings.

So, I prayed, and like always, God came through. I would like to say that from now on if you are reading an Odyssey article by Bryce Payne (me), it will be Christian, love, and relationship-based. Here are 5 ways to tell if your partner is actually the person with whom God is answering your prayers:

You found each other when you weren't looking.

God has perfect timing and He will provide you with the man He literally picked for you when you were so fearfully and wonderfully made in your mother's womb. That is such a fun thought to me, that God made you in your mother's womb and already knew who He had for you to be a Partner in Christ with (this is my version of Partner in Crime, lol). So, I think some women (i.e. ME) have a hard time not looking for their husbands because it is all they ever dreamed of, the wedding, the marriage, the partnership in Christ. Instead, enjoy the journey of God bringing both of your souls together, but don't get bummed out if your relationship with the first person you mesh with doesn't work out, all of your relationships are lessons that lead you to be ready for your husband.

You have a "weird connection."

I am not a scientist, biblical genius, or anything related, however, I know when you have found your Partner in Christ, you will feel this weird connection with them. In this day in age, we could ignore this connection easily, and try to define it as something else. We could ignore this connection for weeks, months, or even years, but when you come back it'll be the same. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU KNOW.

You challenge each other.

This can go both ways. He can challenge you, or you can challenge him, either way, you both will be understanding and want to grow closer to God. I am a believer that when your husband or wife is ready to have you in their life, God will put you in it. I know challenging relationships, and I know (I was) the girl who thought he would eventually change for me, however, none of them will. It will always be a constant uphill battle with your faith. God doesn't want you to be in a constant battle with your partner to go to church, or even do a simple prayer before dinner together. So, just know that you both will be ready to expand your relationship with God, together.

You get jealous, but in a healthy way.

Healthy jealousy is a thing, it is good for the other person to know you are jealous of certain situations because it helps you appreciate the other person more. However, if he or she is controlling you abusively, like telling you that you can't wear something or blocking the whole opposite sex in your phone's contacts... DO NOT MARRY THIS GUY/GAL. They aren't your partner.

You encourage each other every day.

THERE IS NO WAY YOUR HUSBAND IS GOING TO DOWN YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS OR BELITTLE YOU. If you have ever been in an emotionally abusive relationship that makes you feel so small and stupid, then you know you would never want to feel that way for the rest of your life. So, do not think for one second that the man who is treating you in such a manner is your husband and that it will get better. LISTEN, HONEY, it will not get better. The man that God wants you to be with, will help you grow closer in your relationship with God, he will constantly encourage you to better yourself, he will help you love yourself when you find it hard to, he will somehow help with all the things you never knew you needed, but God knew you did.

Trust this process. God has the best intentions for you. He will never come up short, nor leave you hanging. If you have the calling to want to be married and to have a partner, God will give that to you. You will never be satisfied married to a man that God didn't plan for you to marry, but God doesn't get thrown curveballs, so just pitch him a prayer and I promise He will knock it out of the park for you. HE LOVES YOU, and you will want to feel this every day with your significant other.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.