First Loves Are Great And All, But Your Husband Will Be Better Than Any Other Guy

"A first love is a great love because it is your first encounter with love. However, that does not mean it is going to be your only and last love. "

112
Drew Coffman

First loves: butterflies, first experiences, total consumption, intrigue, la la land, and pure bliss. Your first love is breathtaking, and someone that you will never forget. You will have a honeymoon phase, and you will think that the two of you are the only two people in the world.

First loves are also what every dramatic chick-flick seems to follow. "The Notebook," "A Walk to Remember," "The Best of Me," and "Twilight," just to name a few. With expectations as high as Noah and Ally along with Edward and Bella, it is hard to think that anything other than your first love is acceptable.

Due to the fact that first loves are extremely glamorized in both movies and in our everyday lives, it seems like they are the only “real” love option. They say you never forget your first love, but what about the other loves of your life?

A first love is a great love because it is your first encounter with love. However, that does not mean it is going to be your only and last love. Sometimes your first love is great, but in most cases, you are going to go through heartbreak. The benefit? You take what you learned with your first love into further relationships.

First loves are also filled with tons of things that no one likes to talk about: heartbreak, mistakes, fights, insecurities, and expectations. They can get messy, and be one of the worst break-ups (because it is most likely your first break-up).

What should be talked about more? Your final love.

The man you choose to marry. While your first relationship is going to teach you things, your last love is going to prove to be your most important love. The man who you chose to marry is going to pick you every day, and never leave you self-doubting yourself.

You will reach a level of comfort with this man that you did not know was attainable. He will make you love like you have never loved before. He will be everything you ever wanted, yet did not know was possible. `

He is going to be a man who will encourage you and lift you up no matter how hard things get. He is not going to run when the going gets tough and is going to bring out the best in you. He is the love that you are never going to forget because he is not going to leave. He will always be there.

So to the girl who thinks that her first love is as good as it is going to get, and is worried about the future, you should not be. Remember, everyone has a first love. It is okay that it did not work out, and just because it didn't doesn't mean that you will not find love elsewhere eventually. It takes time, and the man that you are destined to marry is worth the wait.