Hurricanes Beaten By More Experienced Clemson Team

Miami seems to be a year away before it's ready for the CFB.
29

It was a tough end to a great regular season by the Miami Hurricanes. Now, the team must turn its attention to the Wisconsin Badgers, who the Hurricanes will be facing in the Orange Bowl.

Although the loss against Clemson was crushing, Miami accomplished its pre-season goal of making it to the ACC championship game. Hopefully next year, Miami can make more progress and make the CFB Playoff.

The game against Clemson was tough throughout. The Tigers opened the game with a strong drive that ended with a 4 yard rushing touchdown. Miami had a chance to respond on its opening drive when Jeff Thomas was wide open on a streak, but the pass was underthrown. After a Miami punt, Clemson returner McCloud dropped the football, allowing the Hurricanes to recover. However, Miami failed to capitalize on the scoring opportunity as Michael Badgley missed a tough 46 yard field goal. During the following Clemson drive, McCloud caught a 20 yard pass before fumbling once again. However, the Hurricanes could not recover the fumble, and the Tigers eventually scored on an 11 yard run by QB Kelly Bryant. Clemson would get a 1 yard touchdown from RB Adam Choice on its next drive, making it 21-0 at halftime.

The second half was similar to the first half because it was tough for Miami to get anything going. The first Hurricanes drive ended in a sack, Clemson score a field goal, and then the next Canes drive ended in a fumble. This all transpired during a time in which Miami desperately needed to put points on the board. On the next Hurricanes drive, a tipped Rosier pass was intercepted by Clemson. The Tigers would convert on their chance with a touchdown, making the score 31-0. The final score was 38-3.

After a tough two weeks, Miami has a chance to please its fans one more time at Hard Rock for the Orange Bowl. Let’s finish the season off right and send this team out with a bang against Wisconsin!

TURNOVER CHAIN:

Trent Harris recovered a muffed punt to give the Hurricanes good field position.