Hurricane Season Review

Hurricane Season Review

We worry about earthquakes where I am from... this is new territory.

15
Hurricane Season Review

My whole life, I have lived right on the San Andreas Fault in California. It's safe to say that we do worry about an impending natural disaster that is long overdue in the bay area.

But, I have only had to worry about earthquakes my whole life, never gave a second thought to a hurricane.

Here I am, about a month into my first semester at the College of Charleston, writing this article from the place that I have evacuated too because of Hurricane Florence.

An overwhelming experience, to say the least, lots of stress about packing everything that I do not want to leave behind, putting all of my belongings from my dorm from the floor onto my bed in case of flooding. It has been one heck of a week. But also very exciting.

I knew exactly what I was getting into when I decided where I wanted to go to school. I heard the stories about hurricanes, but who would have thought the first one would come this fast?

To be honest, I have found the situation quite exhilarating, a new experience and a story to tell when I go home, or at least one to write for an article!!

So if you are like me, and you have never been in a place where natural disasters as such are very prevalent, do not panic! Take advantage of this new, first-hand experience, but also don't forget to evacuate if you are told too, I am sure the eye of the hurricane is not as quiet as Lin Manuel Miranda described it to be (if you understand my reference then thank you very much).

If you do get school off, make the most of your hurrication. Stay safe my east coast people!