Human Trafficking Awareness Day and Month

Yes, slavery does still exist and here are some ways you can help end it.

39
Google

January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention month, and January 11th specifically is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day. Human trafficking is a world wide crisis that many individuals do not know still exists in today's generation. In today's society alone, there are an estimated 27 million individuals being enslaved across the world. Many of those individuals are women and children being manipulated in the sex slavery industry.

My heart breaks for the individuals who are currently unable to experience a gift given so freely to us - freedom. It is quite frustrating and immensely sad to know that there are people being held against their will because another human illegally traded them. So, instead of sitting around and feeling sorry for them - I decided I would act upon my feeling and see if there was any way I could help abolish human trafficking. Turns out, there is.

The first way is awareness. We are blessed to live in a world where information is freely given to us and if each of us took the time to spread our awareness of this horrible action, slavery could be abolished faster than we think. Something as simple as posting a human trafficking awareness graphic on Instagram with the hashtags: "#humantrafficking #enditmovement," could be more beneficial than we think.

Another major way is volunteering. The "End It Movement" hashtag was created by an organization known as A21. The A21 campaign, which was founded by activist and evangelist Christine Caine, is a nonprofit organization that centers around ending human trafficking. They host many events throughout the year that help you spread awareness to your community. You can also donate to the organization. Your money will go towards rehabilitating survivors of human trafficking and raising awareness.

If you live near any of the A21 headquarters, you may also apply as a volunteer to aid in many different events to make people aware of slavery. Go check out their website here: http://www.a21.org/

Together, we can end human trafficking and I look forward to the day that it is abolished as a whole. #EnditMovement #Humantrafficking