Human Optimization a revolutionary approach to fitness, nutrition, and coaching

Human Optimization

29
Human Optimization

Fitness and nutrition are among the most popular yet misunderstood industries in this age of social media, gym addicts, and dietary restrictions. Everybody wants to take care of their appearance and well-being. As the demand increases, we are witnessing a growing number of coaches promoting protein-charged diets, as well as workouts, for getting abs in just 30 days.

Human Optimization Coaching

These are very short-term goals, and the work we have to put in is disproportionate and exhausting. Giving up and experiencing the yo-yo effect, which can take us back to where we started or even worse, is a scenario that is by far overshadowing the before-and-after success stories that we often see on the Internet.

Lately, global awareness about the importance of our health is on the rise. However, none of this is backed up by sufficient, proven data. Instead, we are facing mental health crises, elevated numbers of eating disorders, more people becoming overweight, diabetes becoming more rampant, insomnia becoming more common, and an increase in other chronic illnesses as well.

As such, popular fitness and nutrition guidelines have become mere marketing tools and money-making machines. They do not take into account biological and psychological well-being whatsoever. In fact, they are being misused to a point that the above-stated negative effects are now outweighing the positive ones.

Ultimately, this creates unhealthy habits and patterns that undermine our mental potential, our biochemistry, and even our longevity. It also leads to stressful, depleting, surface-level "self care" that these same fitness and nutrition industries are now consciously using for their own profit.

How do we stop this infernal loop? How do we promote habits that will give us the results we want without undermining our physical and mental health in the long run?

Human optimization seems to be our best shot. This new approach offers a more sustainable path to reaching our full potential and maintaining it for decades to come.

You can’t build a skyscraper on a shaky foundation. When you’re 6.7 feet tall and 250 pounds like Aurimas Juodka, you know that. Aurimas is the founder of Human Optimization Coaching, a program which helps to imbue lasting shifts in clients’ health and performance.

Here’s his approach on the matter, as well as an introduction to the solutions he is offering in response to this dilemma.

Prevention is power

We are all taught to go to the doctor and consult a specialist to fix our problems, whether those are physical or mental. This attitude encourages the belief that our health is something beyond our control and totally dependent upon outside circumstances. What’s really happening is that we are giving away our innate power and responsibility over our own health to others.

Human optimization is not just about gaining knowledge on how to fix our wounds and illnesses - it’s about not getting sick and injured in the first place! It’s about going to the source and understanding how we function as humans, instead of getting surprised by symptoms we may eventually fall victim to.

This goes beyond health. Being reactive rather than responsible regarding our day-to-day inputs is not conducive to long-term success. Most people have a plan, a vision, a structure in their lives that they ultimately follow. In the path that Juodka is suggesting, we want that structure to be as optimal as possible. And by optimal, he means sustainable. This can be achieved by fully integrating new, healthy habits that will improve our lifestyles instead of overthrowing it in the long term. Let’s dive into more detail on what human optimization is all about.

High performance in all areas of life

Exercise, food, and sleep are a substantial part of human optimization. But there’s more to it than just that. A human body is just one piece of the equation. Mastering other pillars of high performance - leadership, efficiency, and mental health - leads us closer to becoming optimized.

Although you may get a general idea of what human optimization is, it’s still a pretty subjective term. Aurimas Juodka defines it as “removing all the interferences and accessing your full potential.” In substance, his approach is more about getting rid of all the conditioned habits that are harming us and making room for healthier alternatives. Before we look for new things to add into our lives, we should revisit what’s already there. Only then can we start incorporating new habits that will maximize our performance in all the areas we desire.

An organically-grown mission

Aurimas Juodka was born and raised in Lithuania. He was sick from an early age: heart issues due to being born prematurely, kidney stones at 13 years old, antibiotics for 5 years straight, allergic asthma, and so on. He was living in survival mode, much like all people in a post-Soviet country.

His first problem to solve was taking care of his body. Fitness seemed like a logical place to start. Juodka quickly realized that fitness alone would not bring him the results he wanted. Adding nutrition to the equation was a more sustainable way to maintain a sculpted, healthy figure.

Although this sounds extremely hard to believe, health and fitness are mutually exclusive. Juodka saw this first hand: at the peak of his fitness, his health was far from optimal. He is now dedicating his life to help others realize this early and is himself living proof that being an Optimized Human is better than being just any average human.

Once he optimized his meat suit, he discovered yet another piece to the puzzle: mindset and mental health. These two aspects comprise a commonly overlooked component that is the ultimate driver in our lives. His deep dive into coaching and neuro-linguistic programming allowed him to unpack the deepest corners of the mind.

Aurimas Juodka now helps corporations, leaders, and everyday people to optimize their performance through the process of becoming better leaders, optimizing their biology, becoming more efficient, and shifting their mindsets.

Closing thoughts

Aurimas Juodka’s multidimensional approach to human performance and optimization clearly shows us that we shouldn't believe the programs that promise us fast results. Human optimization is about making things easier, not overthrowing your lifestyle.

As such, living healthy by no means equals overworking yourself at the gym, doing juice fasts, and counting macros. Instead, we should take care of our minds, be as close to our true nature as possible and avoid disturbing the intelligence of our bodies and the universe it is floating in at all costs.

Health and performance have many facets, of which fitness and nutrition are just a small part. Your body is just a vehicle that needs to be maintained in order to tap into your higher purpose. “Minimal effective dose” is the name of the game.

Read More TheDailyWorlds