Allergan Botox: Forehand & Crow’s feet line repair

botox

22

In order to paralyze their rivals, Botox, short for Botulinum toxin, is a protein secreted by a special bacterium. This toxin is safely produced and used in controlled, non-lethal doses in the medical industry to remove unwanted facial wrinkles. Strategically injected into small muscles around the eyes and on the forehead, Botox works by relaxing these muscles and allowing the overlying skin to smoothen.

What is Allergan Botox?

Allergan BOTOX is FDA approved for the treatment of moderate to severe frown lines, foreheadlines, and crow's feet. Botox is a well-tolerated and quick treatment to treat fine lines and wrinkles.

The distinction lies in the strength of the proteins in BOTOX and other brands, making some botox products more strong than others. BOTOX Allergan comes in 50, 100, and 200 unit vials. Because vials are made for single-use, patients may need to purchase the entire vial.

After this, botox used can offer results that don't last as long. In general, 20 botox units are needed for the forehead lines, up to 24 units are required for the crow's foot, and 20 units are required for the frown lines.

For any type of botox, there may be mild side effects which could include slight pain, swelling, and discomfort at the injection site. Allergan BOTOX begins to take effect in 24-72 hours after injection. In general, findings for botox last from four to six months.

BOTOX is continuing to grow in popularity. To get the desired results, it is important to find a specialist who has expertise in botox injections.

What is Botox and how does it Work?

The toxin operates on a principle of "flaccid paralysis", meaning that affected muscles relax. After injection, Botox enters the muscle's motor end-plate within its deeper surface and disables the mechanism that allows the nerve to instruct the muscle to fire. The signal apparatus that enables nerve-to-muscle contact is, in effect, disconnected, paralyzing the muscle tissue around it.

In time, to replace the "plugged" ones, the muscle can create more signaling apparatus. This means that the effects of the Botox will fade and the wrinkles will reappear. This is why Botox treatments are repeated every six months. In addition, intermittent treatments every six months over a duration of approximately three years will gradually deplete the strength of the muscle due to non-use, called atrophy of disuse.

Exercise, straining, or other activities that may increase blood pressure should be avoided following a Botox injection to ensure the medication does not migrate from the intended areas, which could compromise your results. One side effect of Botox injections is the movement of anatomical landmarks in the direction opposite to their regular movement.

For example, injection of the forehead may cause the eyebrows to fall after an affected frontalis muscle can no longer pull the eyebrows up. But it will cause the eyebrow to go up if the orbicularis oculi muscle is injected. This definition enables the locations of the anatomical landmarks on the face to be very fine-tuned, thus removing unwanted wrinkles.

What Are the Side Effects of Botox?

After a Botox injection, you can have some temporary side-effects. This may include:
Bruising.

• This is the most prominent side effect and will fade.
Headache.

• These are usually rare and finish in 24 to 48 hours.
• Drooping eyelids. This occurs to just a small number of individuals and usually goes away within three weeks.

• When the Botox moves around, it usually happens, so don't rub the area handled.

• Crooked or drooling smile

• Dryness or extreme tearing of the eye

• Mild discomfort around the injection site or swelling

• Flu-like symptoms or a general sense of being unwell

• Upset stomach

• Numbness a weakness of muscles nearby

Related Articles Around the Web