Looking Forward To and Beyond Your High School Graduation

The four transitional phases after high school graduation you're sure to experience if you're going off to college in the fall.

270
Juliarose Genuardi

Graduating high school is a time that every high school senior should look forward to. Why?

There's something about the countdown to graduation that makes it feel so surreal. Not only does each day fly by, but there are so many memories to be made and things to be done before graduation day. April, May, and June have never been so busy and the only chance you have to catch your breath is after graduation is all said and done.

When you've thrown your cap in the air and turned your tassel not only have you completed one chapter in the book, the next is right ahead of you waiting to be started.

SEE ALSO: A Letter To The High School Senior Eager To Graduate...

Graduation day.

Graduating high school brings a slew of emotions. You're excited to move on but also confused as to how you're supposed to graduate and start fresh. While there are thousands of thoughts running through your head, don't let the chaos of graduation completely overwhelm you. Enjoy the company of your friends on graduation day, cherish the moment rather than rush it.

The summer before your first year at college.

The summer after high school graduation is a summer that will be filled with adventure and pure joy. This is the last summer you'll have with the friends you grew up in, as well as in the neighborhood you grew old in. There will be lots of "last" times for things this summer but you're looking forward to one last big hoorah with your best friends.

While you may have a lump in throat realizing how many "last" you'll have this summer, a bigger chapter awaits you at the end of your last summer before college.

SEE ALSO: 10 Fool-Proof Ways To Make The Summer Between High School & College Your Best Summer Ever

Getting ready for the next chapter of your life.

Graduating high school means new beginnings. Whether that's moving across the country to a new university or figuring out how you'll work to move out of your parents' place, you're going to make your first adult decisions. After high school graduation, you'll be working, planning and taking control of your life for the first time ever.

Taking control of your life for the first time may be intimidating, but once you take the first step into the 'real world' you'll never look back.

Starting fresh come August.

With all the fears you have as you pack your bags and head to college, you should be excited to know that the next chapter in your life is all about you. Starting college means starting your adult life, and finding yourself along the way. Whatever drama you dealt with in high school died when you graduated. You won't have to wait for a new year to find a new you, you can do it as soon as you get to college in the fall.

SEE ALSO: I Cared Too Much In High School.

Yes, when you graduate high school things change. You stand a little bit straighter and act less like a child. Yes, going to college will change you. It will shape you into who you're supposed to be. However, don't be afraid to find that person and find out who you really are.