10 Fool-Proof Ways To Make The Summer Between High School & College Your Best Summer Ever

Follow these tips to have the time of your life.

227
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/08/6366140715283614131020400342_6366139056340050061848934408_07.336%20copy.jpg

You're going off to college at the end of summer, and you obviously want a summer to remember! As a high school senior myself I know that this time before college is crucial to me, and that I want to make the most of it.

So, here are my 10 ways to make this summer count!

1. Plan for bigger events soon

If you love going to concerts or throwing parties, then you should plan out and make the necessary purchases now. This way you have things to do set in stone and will not have to worry as much if not all your besties are free for your party or if the tickets to your favorite artist/band get sold out.

2. Make a list of things you want to do/get done

Basically make yourself a bucket list for the summer. This way you are planning on having all these memories and are excited for what is to come! It will make you more positive about the summer if feeling anxious and it will get the people you love most involved.

3. Save, save, save

I know as a high schooler it can be hard to keep money and not spend it on the newest thing, but you will thank yourself later if you do save some of your funds for the summer. This way you will not worry as much about your plans, at least financially, and you are able to have the crazy stories to tell after.

4. Set goals for yourself

As much as this summer will be fun, you are also going to need to get a lot done in preparation for college, as well as the future. So start small and set a few minor goals that you know you could accomplish, but also set maybe one or two bigger goals that you really have to work towards. Not only will you feel better about yourself after completing them, you will accomplish tasks that need to be done.

5. Know that you may not be able to do absolutely everything you wanted to

This one may be a bummer, but really in truly do not try to overwork yourself or do absolutely everything that your whole grade is doing. Do the things you are most excited to do first, and then try to fit in the others in your schedule. You do have other time to do things, it won't be the end of the world.

6. Plan time for yourself

Taking care of yourself is a big priority, especially in the summer and before the transition into college. You need to prepare yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically. It won't hurt being even more ready than you feel you need to be. Do everything to try and get ready for this change, but also don't let it get in the way of cherishing the summer.

7. Take pictures

Take as many pictures/videos as you can, but be in the moment, because you are going to want to be able to look back on those memories. Try not to let this hinder your moment because you want to remember it yourself, but you will want to be able to see your friends, family, and you from your favorite stories.

8. Go outside

Being outside is important for your health and your mood. It is so essential to get some sun because not only will it make you happier, but it also makes you healthier (vitamin D). Plus, sunshine and some color never hurt, as long as you wear sunscreen!

9. Get college stuff done with your friends from home

So you're obviously going to need to get stuff done for college during the summer. And this may be sad, but if you and your besties all do it together it won't nearly be as lonely. So go dorm shopping together, have packing nights, and go visit each other's schools. This way you're still going through this big change but with the people you love and will miss dearly.

10. Spend time with your family

I know, I know you want to be out with your friends 'til all hours, but you are going to need your family through this part of your life and your family needs you too. So have a girls day with mom, spend some quality time with dad, take your siblings to the park, etc. Even spend time with your pets, if you have any, because they are going to miss one of their favorite humans. Don't ignore your family before you leave, you're going to need them the most.

Hopefully, you can have the most amazing summer because you’ll always remember this one. I know I’ll definitely be following these tips to do so :)