How You Can Give Back During This Time Of Thankfulness

What are you most thankful for?

41
https://pixabay.com/en/thanksgiving-pumpkin-fall-autumn-3811492/

It is the season of thanks, and the season of giving. So, why not figure out what you are most thankful for and pay it forward to those who aren't as fortunate?

1. My family.

Having a family to be thankful for is a blessing, so pay it forward by being either a big brother or a big sister for a less fortunate child.

2. My friends.

Having a good group of friends is a major part of a person's happiness. Take a minute out of your day to talk to someone you wouldn't normally talk to or sit with someone who eats lunch by themselves every day.

3. My pets.

So many Americans are thankful for their pets, and these pets are thankful for their loving owners. However, there are so many wild animals that do not receive the same love and attention that our pets do. Consider donating any amount of money to helping those animals.

4. My health.

Being healthy is something that is often overlooked and taken for granted. So, if you are thankful for your wellbeing, consider donating blood to people who are less fortunate. The American Red Cross is always accepting blood donations, and blood drives are constantly popping up across the nation to be a part of.

5. My home.

It is getting colder in many parts of the country, and it is important to realize how fortunate we are to have a warm home to return to. If this relates to you, consider donating your time into volunteering to build a home for a family in need.

6. My financial status.

It is the official season of giving, which means if you are someone who is thankful for the money they have, it's the best time to donate some of it to others who are less fortunate.

7. My food.

One of the greatest necessities in life is having a steady food source available. If you are thankful for your plentiful access of food, the easiest way to give back is to donate food through food drives, food pantries, food banks, and food rescue programs. Below is a link to find a food bank near you.

8. My freedom.

The reason that we are able to celebrate the season of giving is because of the freedom given to us by the men and women fighting for our country. Because of this, it is important to give back and send care packages to our soldiers as a token of our appreciation.