How Will Technology Aid Humans in Adapting to Coronavirus Conditions?

Humans have historically learned to meet the conditions that life throws at us, but with the progressions we've made with (and reliance we have on) technology, to what extent will the COVID-19 pandemic lead to advances in technology and biomedical sciences?

7
How Will Technology Aid Humans  in Adapting to Coronavirus Conditions?

According to an article written by Ella Koeze and Nathaniel Popper of the NY Times titled "The Virus Changed the Way We Internet," the authors discuss some of the major changes in the ways people are using technology as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.

They also touch on the idea that people now a days aren't satisfied with just messaging or texting their friends and loved ones. With the practicing of social distancing, people are becoming more tech savvy in order to be able to stay in touch with the people they care about.

Schools and offices have been moved into house bedrooms and basements. Not only are we continually finding and creating new ways to communicate and stay in touch with one another, but we're transforming the concept of a workplace.

Google applications are being used to hand in school assignments, meetings are being hosted on Zoom, WeBex, Cisco, Google Hangouts, etc.; and keeping the possibility of an extended quarantine, people will only see and need to further practice communicating through devices and applications.

We are being introduced to what could be a new era of communication technology, the crossroad where society may travel down a path that leads to a future where communication technology and social networking become even more essential to human socialization than it'd previously been.

As we've seen throughout history, society constantly innovates to adapt to adversities that present themselves in order to manifest a future for the next generation.

As we travel into this new age of digital communication, we as individuals must expand our minds to think of new ways we can communicate with one another, building bridges that allow for new ideas and inventions.

By doing so, we can turn the negative impacts of this pandemic around in due time and reap the benefits when it's time for them to be harvested.