How To Turn A Bad Day Into A Good Day

How To Turn A Bad Day Into A Good Day

When It Rains, Look For Rainbows

18
How To Turn A Bad Day Into A Good Day
Huffington Post

Just like everyone else, I'm human - I have bad days, and I have good days. Sometimes I wake up and it just seems like the universe wants to make me mad, or that nothing goes as planned. And sometimes I have days when I wake up, the sun is shining, and I make every green light, but not all days can be like that, and that's okay - in fact, it's normal to have bad days every once in a while, however, it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference. It really only takes a few simple steps to turn that bad day into a good one, and avoid wanting to spend the rest of the day in bed sulking and eating ice cream (guilty).

You might be having a fine day before something happens that turns the tables for you. It could happen at 10 A.M, or it could happen at 6 P.M, but whatever it is that causes your day to turn ugly, recognize that and ask yourself how big of a deal it really is. To me, there are legitimate reasons to why your day turns bad (like a relative or friend dying) or there's reasons on the other side of the spectrum (like simply having a bad workout). If it is one of the more serious/legitimate reasons as to why you're now having a bad day, then go ahead and deal with it, but if it's just a silly reason, then try and find the good out of it.

For example, like what I stated above, I've let a poor workout affect the rest of my night, which in turn caused me to go home and eat some ice cream, which is extremely counter productive. Instead, I should have recognized the problem, and turned it into something positive. I know that next time this happens, instead of calling it quits, I will tell myself how fortunate I am to be able to workout in the first place. It's all about your state of mind, and happy thoughts will eventually lead to happy days.

Another thing you can do to turn a bad day into a good one is to surround yourself with the people you love and care about. I know it's tempting to just want to be alone when you're having an off day, or cut people off, but trust me, some company is better than no company, especially when you're feeling a little bit down. This is guaranteed to turn that frown upside down, and make for a great rest of your day.

Lastly, to make that bad day turn into a good one, it's always a good idea to talk about it. Sometimes people think that it's best to not talk about it, and just forget about it, however, I think it can be a positive thing to vent to somebody about your day, and get all your feelings and thoughts off of your chest instead of holding it all in. So next time you're feeling down, or something happens to worsen your day, try these few things to see if you can turn your day right around.