This Is How We Aren't To Blame For Climate Change

What did we do to deserve this infernal, bipolar weather other than completely and utterly destroy the environment?

72

According to the UN, we only have 12 years to fix the environment. Terrifying, right?

Now, to you, this must be the end of the world because you took that one half-an-hour shower or because you used three straws in one meal. However, I am here to tell you that it's not.

Though companies might tell you otherwise. Have you ever seen the commercials? The way some of them push you to think that it is our fault, the normal people, for not recycling enough or throwing away that paper plate in the normal trash instead of the recycling bin. IT IS NOT. I mean, this new wave of no-straws era was born out of that feeling of guilt among us, the commoners? But, did you know, that straws only represent .03 of our total pollution?

I'd like to think you would argue something among the lines of "little by little" but that is too little. Meanwhile, companies like ExxonMobil, Shell, BP and Chevron are laughing at our faces while we struggle to salvage our planet? I mean, we are rolling in guilt, thinking that maybe we hadn't been so freakin' lazy then the planet would have been saved. And although it is true that we have forgotten how to walk quietly on Earth like other creatures do, it is not 100% our fault because just 100 companies cause 71% of global emissions. And if that isn't horrifying, I don't know what is.

But, don't mistake me, I am not advocating for all of us to rebel and now take an hour long showers every day, but I also not advocating for all the blame to be places upon our shoulders because it isn't fair. Most importantly, however, it hides a deep secret and I think if that big secret was revealed, it would spread awareness of the monstrous companies wrecking our home. That awareness could help people fight for what is right, like newer and stricter environmental restrictions on those companies and maybe that would at least contribute the smallest step to fixing everything they have destroyed. Such as toxic spills, oil spills, deforestation, CO2 emissions and so on because though we might not admit it, those actions are the bulk of the damage done to our planet.

So, be aware and fight against the companies who try to cloak their own faults and mistakes under the guise of putting us to blame. Protest and urge everyone to see the hidden world of companies and their contribution to the wreck and decay of our planet because they are as equal, perhaps more, to blame than we are.