5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own A Dog

5 Reasons Why Everyone Needs A Dog In Their Life

Dogs are the medicine we didn't know we needed.

86

I have always grown up with dogs. Ever since I was a little girl, I had dogs. There was even a time when I had seven dogs at once and I remember loving every second of it.

Three years ago, I went off to college and had to leave my family and my dogs behind. It was very emotional and after a while, I thought that everything was fine. It wasn't until I moved off campus with my boyfriend, and adopted a dog that I realized I was missing something.

The dog that I adopted, I didn't actually "adopt" in a technical sense. I drove home to California and picked up my dog that my family adopted when I was little. Now, that dog lives with me and my boyfriend here in Phoenix and she has helped me in many ways.

Dogs express unconditional love for you.

Dogs don't care if you make mistakes. They only care that you are around and capable of receiving kisses from them. Dogs are loyal and love us no matter what we do.

Dogs are always excited to see you.

It doesn't matter if you are gone for 5 minutes or 5 hours, dogs will always be waiting for you to get home. When you do, they have their butts ready to wiggle and their feet ready to do the happy dance.

Dogs help reduce depression and anxiety.

It is a natural reaction for people to be happy when they see or are around dogs. Dogs are really good as emotional support animals for those with depression or anxiety because it allows people to be happier and less lonely.

Dogs are cuddle bugs.

My chihuahua loves to cuddle and sleep underneath the blankets with me. When she gets hot, she will just peak her head out of the blanket as to not move away from me. She and I will cuddle all night. Dogs are the best cuddlers.

Dogs ensure that you are never alone.

Dogs always have some sort of trick up their sleeve to make sure that you are loved in every way. Whether that be to be extremely silly or just to lie next to you while you are watching tv. If you have a dog, you will never be alone. That is a guarantee.

Sure, dogs can be a lot of work and take a lot of time to train. However, that is a small price to pay for such a loyal companion that will always be at your side.