How to Make the Most of Fall

How to Make the Most of Fall

The aesthetic pleasure is real

5
How to Make the Most of Fall
DeSoto Pumpkin Festival

Fall officially begins next Thursday and, if you loath summer weather like yours truly, you couldn’t be more relieved. Though this season is just as long as the other three, it always seems to go by too quickly. Unlike summer, spring, and winter, fall is a season of constant change and, honestly, it is too beautiful to not take full advantage of. With that said, here are some tips to make the most of the upcoming season.

1. Break out the oversized sweaters, flannels, neutral colors, and combat boots (because that’s the true sign of fall in the fashion world).

2. Take advantage of hot chocolate, lattes, and warm teas since the temperatures are beginning to fall (plus it will warm you up on chilly autumn nights).

3. Take pictures of the same tree every day to see how it changes over the course of three months. Although it can be a pain to do, it will be an amazing sight to see after the fact.

4. The football and hockey seasons are back. Enough said.

5. Take a fuzzy blanket outside with you, sit under a tree that’s beginning to turn, and read a good book. If that isn’t the definition of relaxation, I don’t know what is.

6. Deck out your dorm, apartment, or home in Halloween or Thanksgiving decorations to bring the essence of fall in your living space.

7. Carve pumpkins, buy kettle corn, and make caramel apples, since they are the essential fall treats. Oh, and candy corn is coming back.

8. Speaking of pumpkins, go to a pumpkin patch and make the most of what it has to offer, whether that be only pumpkins or the addition of hay rides, corn mazes, and small stores with endless possibilities to fulfill your addiction to fall (or is that just me?).

9. Have a get-together with a bunch of friends and make s’mores around a bonfire. You can’t do fall without it.

10. Get outside as much as possible, because it is finally the perfect weather outside and nature’s beauty is at its high point, making even the most boring routes become the most scenic.