5 Things You Should Try This Fall

5 Things You Should Try This Fall

Need something new and fresh to do this fall? Let me help!

6
5 Things You Should Try This Fall
North Bridge Times

Fall is officially upon us, despite the sweat still beaming down my face! Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. I look forward to combat boots, oversized sweaters, warm apple cider and all of the other fun and festive aspects of the season. Here are five things I look forward to doing this Autumn and I encourage you to give them a try as well!

1. Going to a Pumpkin Patch

If you’ve never been to a pumpkin patch, fall 2016 is your chance. Pensacola and it’s surrounding area has a nice selection of pumpkin patches to choose from. Whether it be Holland Farms, Sweet Seasons, or Sonshine Family Farms, you will have a ton to do and lots of fun doing it! Holland Farms is my personal favorite however. For only $10.00 you get a cup of delicious boiled peanuts, you get to pick out the perfect pumpkin for you and you get to explore and get lost in their corn maze. Not to mention the cute pics you take while trying to find your way out of the maze!

2. Decorating my House

By no means am I saying you need to paint all of your walls pumpkin orange or place scarecrows around the perimeter of your front yard. However, adding in a few fall decorative items here and there makes it feel like Autumn not only outside but inside as well. Just by painting a few pumpkins, making placemats for your table, and adding in some smell good candles, your house can be completely transformed. You can even take it a step further by making your own decorative crafts. If making crafts isn’t exactly your specialty, Pinterest is a lot of help. Check out my Fall Decorating Pinterest board here to get some ideas!

3. Darker Lipsticks

I recently became obsessed with dark lip colors, and now I can’t wait for the weather to be cool enough to rock a maroon sweater and lipstick. Lip colors can completely give you a different look and it’s fun to explore which ones look good on yoy and which ones don’t. One of my personal favorite brands to by lip stains and creams is NYX. It’s definitely affordable and definitely great quality. It took me a while to like the darker shades of lip products, but now that I do, I can’t wait to start wearing them again. Some of my favorite colors by NYX are Copenhagen, Madrid, and Berlin.

4. The Fair

My family and I always say it’s not officially fall until the fair comes to town. There’s something about being at the fair that makes me really feel like it’s the holiday season. If you’re not a big fan of some of the bigger rides like the Zipper or the Tagada, there’s still plenty of other rides and sights to see. However anyone who knows me, knows that the real reason I love the fair is because of the FOOD. It just doesn’t seem right to eat funnel cake or candied apples any other time of the year. I like to wait for the fair to come into town to eat these special treats. But word to the wise, you might want to wait until the very end of the night to stuff your face!

5. The Food

Of course, food has to be on this list. Just like funnel cake and candied apples, there are some foods and treats you just have to wait until the fall time to eat. Some of my favorites are tomato basil soup, my mom's red velvet cake(probably the best cake in the world), and warm apple cider. It only makes sense to eat and drink food that gives you a warm feeling as it goes down in the fall. Not only are they delicious to devour but they’re fun to make too! You can easily make cooking dinner family bonding time, having everyone bring their ideas to the kitchen. I truly look forward to all the cooking and baking that will take place.

I could go on forever about all of the things I want and look forward to doing this fall, but I won’t. I hope this inspired you to really get into the spirit this year and maybe even try some new things! “Know that transformation sometimes begins with a fall. So never curse the fall.”