How To Survive A Long Car Ride

How To Survive A Long Car Ride

Are we there yet?

30
duffssuitcase

With summer now here there's a good chance that you have been, or will be going on a long car ride. Maybe it's a road trip or you're just traveling to your destination. Whichever it may be, everyone knows how boring a long journey can be if you don't have the right company or you're not correctly prepared. You definitely don't want to be sitting in a car with someone and be sitting in complete silence where the only talking is done when directions are needed. Here are a few tips on how to survive a long car ride.

1. Make sure you know where you're going and have the directions in the GPS already.

We've all been there where you're in the car with someone and then they end up getting lost somehow. Then you're left looking for directions on your phone while everyone else is all mad and tense from getting lost. So just be prepared and have the directions set up so no one will be in a bad mood.

2. Make a playlist with everyone's favorite songs.

Get a playlist together on your phone where there is music that everybody in the car likes. And if you can't all decide on a similar genre, then everyone should be able to pick some songs. Also, keep this on your phone that way if you lose your favorite station, you'll always have backup.

3. Bring snacks or candy with you.

Chances are that you'll probably stop for at least meals during your trip. But, you'll probably still be hungry in the car. So load up on snacks before you leave or when you stop at a gas station. Plus having some sort of candy will keep you more attentive while you drive.

4. When you stop at a rest stop, make use of the bathrooms.

You don't want to be sitting in a car for a long period of time while having to use the bathroom. I think this one speaks for itself.

5. Bring a phone charger.

When you're a passenger in the car, chances are you will probably be on your phone. And using your phone without any Wi-Fi can certainly drain your battery. That's not something you want to be without when traveling, especially in case of an emergency. Bring a charger so you and everyone else can charge their phones.

6. Play cheesy car games.

Every time I've ever travelled, I've always played the same few car games. It's silly but it also helps pass times. There's the license plate game where you can see who's drove the farthest, or even I-Spy where someone picks an object and everyone tries to guess.

7. Enjoy the scenery.

Although it may seem like a never-ending ride, there is definitely beauty to the traveling. It's not every day that you get to drive through new places. Take in and enjoy the beauty of the journey!