How To Spread Grace

How To Spread Grace

God's grace is enough.

257
How To Spread Grace

Many times, I find myself wanting more in life. More money, more friends, more happiness. Why do we want all of these things? We always want what we don't have. When we pray, we sometimes lean more towards asking for, rather than appreciating. We have received so much to be thankful for. We have received unconditional love, guidance, eternal life, the gospel, and much more. God's grace is enough.

"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin. But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:20-24

Even when we aren't faithful to him, God is faithful to us. God doesn't treat anyone differently. He has given the same gift of grace to all people. All of us are sinners in some way, but God still loves us and calls us his children. Could you picture yourself being able to forgive so many people of their sins and still love them no matter what they've done? God is so faithful, that he gave Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, which makes us saved by our faith. We are free from the law, and he has shown us grace countless times.

In Ephesians 4:7, Paul writes, "He has given each one of us grace through the generosity of Christ." This simple verse tells us so much. We can freely enjoy our gift of grace because of what Jesus did on the cross. A simple definition of grace is receiving what we don't deserve. This couldn't be more true considering he gave us grace, even in our sinful nature.

So how can we show grace to others?

1. Empathy

Simply showing someone that you care for them can go a long way.

"Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15

2. Serve Others

God has given us so much, we can share his love and serve one another.

"God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another." 1 Peter 4:10

3. Be Kind

I look up to people that are kind to not only their friends, but anyone who is around them. These are the people that light up a room and bring joy to other people by their actions.

"Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important." Galatians 6:2-3

4. Forgive

No matter how hard it is, we are called to forgive others.

Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!" Matthew 18:21-22

5. Appreciate

First, be thankful to God for his gift of grace, then we can be thankful of others around us.

"All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 4:15