how to slay recruitment

Confidence Is The Key to Slaying Recruitment

How to be your best self when you're visiting the cutie houses!

309
Texas A&M Kappa Delta: Eta Alpha

I'm sure you've read a billion articles about the best way to present yourself during recruitment. You've probably heard a thousand ways to impress the girls that some of you quite desperately want to be a part of.

And you've also probably heard multiple things not to do including, but not limited to, don't go the bathroom (even if you really have to go), smile way more than you normally would, be as bubbly as you possibly can. I will be the first person you don't have to do any of that.

By all means be happy and smile, but above all else be confident. Growing up my mom used to tell me to be my own advocate. After all, if we don't stand up for ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to believe in us?

The biggest "secret" to recruitment is knowing that you have a choice, but so do the sororities. It's important to make an impression and believe in what you're saying. Coming from a girl in Kappa Delta, a sorority known for its work that inspires confidence in young women, it might seem repetitive to hear it. But those in the back needed to, and still need to, hear it again: be confident in who you are!!

As you go from house to house, remember that the impression sororities get is the one you establish. So yes, be honest and be incredible, but also be confident. One of the most fun parts of recruitment on the other side, inside the house, is that you get to meet over 1,000 of the most incredible girls at your university.

On the flip side, there are so many incredible girls that sometimes it can be difficult to cipher through girls and figure out who to invite back the next day. If you believe and act like you deserve to be there, you probably do!

In high school, one of my closest friends used to say "confidence is key". I guess I should probably tell Sahar thank you because confidence is still very much key. Be confident and believe in yourself, your real self, and you will most certainly end up where you're supposed to be at the end of the week.