Easy Ways To Save For That Trip You've Been Wanting To Go On
Travel

Saving to travel can seem like an impossible task, but not anymore.

119

For most of us, a dream of ours is to travel the world. Buy a plane ticket and see what the world has to offer. But for most of us, our excuse is that we don't have time or money to do so. Well in this day and age traveling and saving has gotten so much easier, you just need to know where to start.

Alright, so you want to book a summer trip to Bali and see the beautiful scenery and the coast Indonesia has to offer, but where do you start? The first step you need to do is create a game plan, how you're flying there, your housing, and your transportation, those are your top priorities, once you figure those out you can start to plan what sights you're going to see and how much you're going to spend on food.

Now that you have figured out how and where you're going to stay you have to start saving your money. Save in as many ways as possible, in 2019 we have dozens of apps that help you save money and earn cash back on your purchases. These apps will benefit you more in a couple of months to a long term goal, even downloading apps like Hopper, Airbnb, and Hotel Tonight will help you find cheap flights and housing accommodations, whether it's months in advance or its last minute. So take your time, plan this out and see what works best for you.

In addition to downloading apps to help save your money and find cheaper deals, you have to create a savings goal that you have to stick too. The easiest way to save money is to not going to fast food places or just eat out four times a week like you normally would, instead, go to the grocery store and buy foods that will last you a week to two weeks before you have to go back again. Up front, you may spend more, but broken down by how many times a day you eat and how many meals you can make, it will save you more money — money you can take out and put into your savings.

Another good way to save money and not touch is create another savings account, whether it's taking cash out and putting into a shoe box or going to a bank and opening up a whole new savings account. Create something you're not inclined to touch unless an emergency happens, otherwise, put money in, don't take it out.

Now that you have a game plan and a savings goal, it's time to think about how to maximize your stay! Instead of going to big mainstream restaurants that you can eat at back home, go find some local shops or little hole in the wall places that will give you quality and a new experience you have been craving the whole time you were saving up! Don't be afraid to try something new, give the local cuisine a chance and take a chance on exploring, and by exploring I mean take public transportation or walk to an area or location that's not super populated or a huge tourist attraction.

When you're traveling you need to enjoy and respect the culture! Just because you do something back home doesn't mean you can do it or it translates to where you're staying, so take a look online and see what mannerism you may need to adapt while you're enjoying your vacation. Other than that, enjoy your stay and most importantly, relax and have fun!