6 Smart Things To Do When You Feel Like Life Is Just Too Much

At times, a lot for me recently, life is just too much. So many things going on, not enough time in the day, lack of motivation, etc.

In the world we live in, it is not uncommon to be stressed and overwhelmed at times. Society expects so much, and while we know we can do it, sometimes we just feel like giving up and needing a break 24/7.

When I start to feel like this, of course it's easy just to just sit around and binge watch Netflix with a pint of ice cream in hand, but, obviously that is not always the best option. Here's what I have been starting to do when I feel like life is overwhelming me.

1. Journal/Doodle

This is one of my favorite things to do whether I am stressed out or not. Writing down what you are thinking is so therapeutic and truly helps me understand what I'm thinking. I can't even count the amount of notebooks I have lying around filled with random notes that I wrote myself just to get my thoughts on paper. Plus, this really helps if you don't want to tell anyone what you are thinking, but need to put your thoughts somewhere.

2. Listen To Music

I really don't know where I would be without music. There is a song out there for just about any situation that you may be going through, and listening to a couple songs that I can relate to always makes me feel so much better. Plus, blasting music in the car and singing at the top of your lungs can cure almost anything. ;)

3. Call A Friend

After a long day at work or a bad day it is always so nice just to have someone you can call on the phone to vent to. Whether it is a family member, significant other, or friend, I love having someone to call when I need nothing more than someone to talk to and get advice from. After talking about whatever is stressing me out, I always feel so much better. (Shoutout to my dad for always being there!)

4. Go On A Run

As hard as it is to ditch the Netflix marathon and put on your workout clothes, going on a run while you are stressed out is one of the greatest things you can do. Sweating will release endorphins which will decrease your feelings of stress and replace them with more positive energy. Plus, you will get a good workout in!

5. Do Something You Love

For many people, their days are so packed with work, school, and responsibilities, that they forget to enjoy life and do what they love. I think that it is so important to leave time in your life for your hobbies, especially when life is leaving you feeling stressed. Doing what I love never fails to put me in a better mood.

6. Pray

This is the biggest one that you should always do...pray. While you may be feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and confused, God knows what is next in your plan and is always there to help you along the way. Talk to Him and let Him know how you are feeling, and I promise you that you will understand that what you are feeling is just part of the plan and that things will get better.