To The Ones Who Want To 'Make It In Life'

We all need someone in our corner.

85

What does "making it in life" even really mean? For my boyfriend, it's making enough money to be comfortable in the future. My uncle believes it's "breaking the glass ceiling" and being the absolute best. My mom believes that it is having a relationship with God.

We all have different and have different opinions on that "making it in life" actually means. For me, it is doing something that you are 100% passionate about. Now that might not mean it will bring you tons of money, or fame, but it would bring you happiness.

Personally, I want to work for a writing/media company in New York City. It is something I have wanted for a while. I have had mixed reactions to my desire. Some were good, others weren't so good. But it does not matter what other people think about my desire, that is why it is MY desire.

We all do the best we can, or we at least think that we are doing the best. So when someone stands in front of me telling me I am not good enough, I am not doing what I "should" be doing, it boils me. It makes me want to prove them wrong.

Start off with the simple tasks like making your bed in the morning, brushing your teeth, eating breakfast. Once you have managed to get those down to routine, you will be able to do more advanced tasks as well as think of things that benefit you and your future.

You get to define what 'making it in life' means to you. Do not let anyone else define that for you. Whether being President of the United States is a goal, opening a homeless shelter, having a family, being the editor for a magazine or evening just having a job, those can all be something to be proud about.

So to the ones that want to make it in life, please understand that this is a letter of encouragement. This is a reminder that there will always be someone in your corner and that even if there is not, you should be the one in your own corner. We set our own bars in life and it is our goals to go over them. It is more about how you will achieve going over the bar and whether or not if you truly want to.