I Want To Change The World We Live In But I Am Clueless Where To Begin

Possibly by being a teacher because teachers can change the world.
184

Today, we live in a world filled with school shootings, scandals, and hatred. We live in a world, where it feels like there’s breaking news about something atrocious every minute. We live in a world where not many people feel safe.

I don’t want to live in that world. I don’t want to live in a world where I have to fear for my life about a school shooting possibly happening because it is so common. I don’t want to live in a world where at least once a week, I hear about another atrocious attack.

I want to live in a world filled with peace. I want to live in a world where we all love each other, and everyone could be friends. However, I know that is unrealistic with reality, and I know that hatred is bound to happen, which will most likely to lead to violence.

My question is why? Why do we live in this world? Why is our world and society so messed up that when I bring my future kids into the world, one of the first things I have to teach them is about how people are ruthless and mean.

I cannot let my future kids about naïve about the world. I cannot let them enjoy and live a childhood where happiness and butterflies are all that exists. Basically, I cannot let them ignore the harsh realities of the world because they are bound to find out if they ever were to step foot in public. My kids might not understand it, but to be honest, neither do I.

I don’t understand why the world has to be so harsh. I don’t understand why bullying has to exist. I don’t understand why people want to be and why they think they have to be mean.

Because they don’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I get why things happen. I understand why wars between two countries exist, and I accept the fact that there are bad people on this planet. Just because I understand it doesn’t mean that I want to preach about it, and share it, simply because that’s the last thing on my mind.

I shared those links above for everyone to see how much this has happened. Look at the Wikipedia page (the first link,) and see how there has been an increase in the occurrence of school shootings alone. Look at what Trump and his staff are allegedly doing, whether or not you agree with it is one thing but look at what is out there about our president.

I don’t want my kids to live in a world like this. I don’t want my kids to live in this brutal world because I don’t like living in it myself some days. I love my life, but I don’t like how there is so much tension from everyone in this world. It’s disgusting.

For these reasons (and so many more, but I am not writing a novel here), I want to change the world. I want to create a better place for the future generations to live in. I want to make someone’s day, so they can be nice and hopefully spread that joy.

I want to live in a world where acceptance is naturally given, and not something that we fight for. I want to live in a world where bullying doesn’t exist. I want to live in a world where our President isn’t in the news about a possible scandal.

The best part, I can help the change the world and help fix or minimalize 2/3 of those things. Unfortunately, I have no control over the current President, nor do I want any. Besides that, I know I can do all of these things.

How? That is the million-dollar question. To be honest, I don’t have the best answer for a direct plan. I have some ideas that I know I will be able to implement in the future, but as of something that I can start tomorrow, I don’t quite know yet.

However, in the future, I know that as a teacher I will be able to embrace acceptance in my classroom. No matter who you are, no matter what you look like, you are welcomed into my classroom, as long as you are respectful of others. This is a community effort, and once you’re in my classroom, you’re a part of the community.

Tying with that community factor, this also prohibits bullying from my classroom. This applies with any classroom that I have been in, but I will be strongly enforcing and implementing this in my future classroom.

As a teacher, I want to change the world. I want to change the world in a place where kids feel safe and they feel like they’re in an environment where they are ready and comfortable to learn. My hope is that one day, I get a student turned onto science and they choose their major and career because of my class.

It’s a longshot, but teachers have the power to do that.

As for today, what can I do to change the world today? Well, I am in 2 clubs around campus that are centered in service and giving back. That creates this direct change, and this summer I will be working as a camp counselor at an amazing day camp.

How can camp counselors change the world? Well, they can be role models for kids and be that face of hope if a kid is going through a rough time in their lives. They can mold the minds of future generations, and that in itself is changing the world, but will also lead to changing the world further.

Also, even beyond that, I am writing for The Odyssey. It’s a huge outlet for voices to be heard, and voices getting heard is the first step to starting change.

With all of this being said, changing the world is a community effort. I can’t do it all by myself, and I want everyone who reads this article to join me in this in the mission. All you have to do be nice to people and to give someone new a compliment. It’s that simple.