How To Handle Having A Guy Best Friend

How To Handle Having A Guy Best Friend

Not many people have a guy best friend, but you are lucky if you do.

13
How To Handle Having A Guy Best Friend
Julia Araneo

Having a guy best friend is very unique. A best friend is someone you can rely on to always gossip with, cry with and have the best laughs with. You might be surprised to know that a guy can fill the shoes of a best friend better than any girl. And if you have been told guy friends are less dramatic and stressful to have, that is one hundred percent true (most of the time).

After having a best friend who is a guy for many years, I can tell you everyday is definitely an adventure. Guys can give you a run for your money, but at the end of the day they have your back like no other. You will encounter one or more of the following in your guy best friend, but you still wouldn't trade them for the world.

1. They will excessively fart and burp.

Being able to openly let loose is a very monumental moment in any friendship, but it gets old very quickly. When your friend starts purposely exploding on you yelling at him is always an acceptable response. Get used to them not caring even if its in public because they have no shame.

2. You have to learn to go to the bathroom in public alone.

Any girl knows that going to the bathroom together is tradition, but that changes when your best friend is a man. You will have to quickly adapt to making the walk to the restroom all alone.

3. Checking for pit stains becomes the norm.

All girls are accustom to checking each other out to make sure everyone is looking fabulous, but when it comes to guys you have to learn to check for very different things. For some reason men have a habit of excessively sweating (or at least my best friend does). He is constantly asking if he has pit stains and the answer is always yes.

4. Get used to hearing what it's like to be on the other side of the relationship.

You might only be trained at hearing a girls point of view, but hearing a guys will help you to see things in a different light. All your girlfriends will have similar outlooks and opinions about men, but a guy best friend will help you to see the flaws in women that you have become blind to.

5. You will always be on the run for food.

Guys have an appetite like no other. They will continuously eat whatever is in sight and are essentially bottomless pits. When you are out to eat you will never have to take anything to go because your best friend will be sure to clean every plate.

6. You will never have a free hand because it will always be scratching him.

It might be all their excess hair, but guys are very itchy people. They will sporadically ask you to scratch their back, arms, or legs and it will become very old very quickly. And don't ever expect them to do the same for you because they won't.

7. Expect to be stalled before any event.

If you thought your girlfriend took a long time to get ready to go out, just wait until your girlfriend is a boy. They have less hair and wear no makeup and still manage to take longer than us.

With these tips in mind you can now handle any guy best friend that comes your way. It might be hard to explain the unique relationship you have with a guy- but it's defnintely like no other!