How To Game Day Like A Badger

How To Game Day Like A Badger

We'll assure you: there's nothing like it.

29
Amanda Glass

Early morning alarms, bagels for breakfast, face tattoos, dirty sneakers, tons of pictures, and lots and lots of school spirit. Sound familiar? If you go to a Big 10 school, then you are well aware of the madness that each game day entails; but, if you go to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, then you most-definitely know that there is nothing quite like a badger game day.

Madtown Madness

Students, visitors, friends, families, you name it - the entire city of Madison floods State Street as early as the sun comes out on these anticipated Saturday mornings. People pile into bars, grab their game day breakfasts, and pick out last-minute tailgate outfits, all before as early as 10 a.m. If you aren't woken up by your alarm clock, this chaos will surely do the trick. And the best part? There is red everywhere; from infants to pets, everyone and everything is undoubtedly decked out in badger gear - a beautiful sight.

Tailgate After Tailgate

There's no place like Langdon Street on game day. Between the blasting music, crowds of people, beautiful Lake Mendota views, and endless elevated surfaces, fraternity houses are always the place to be. You're bound to meet new people wherever you go, and you're bound to have an unforgettable time while doing it. You're simply not allowed to start the trek to Camp Randall until Mr. Brightside plays and you've successfully taken your game day Instagram; that is the cue to let the journey begin.

U-rah-rah Wisconsin!

Have you ever been one of 80,321 badger fans packed into Camp Randall? If so, you surely know that it's an experience to remember. From singing the Wisconsin alma mater to jumping around after the third quarter, game days in Madison are game days done right. Win or lose, we'll be sure show you what school spirit looks like, even after the referee blows that final whistle. So... If this hasn't convinced you that Badger game days are the absolute best, I think you should come and see so yourself. On, Wisconsin!