How To Enjoy The Journey

How To Enjoy The Journey

Live in the moment.

8
How To Enjoy The Journey

Hello, Lovelies!

Welcome back to the good ole blog post. We're back at it from spring break and I have a few things I wanna share with you. Before I get into the title and content I wanna give a shoutout to my mom for being the inspiration for this here post.

Okay, so while I was home during the break I had a few conversations with my mom. The long ones too where you think you'll be there for 15 minutes but you end up talking for 60. You know what I'm talking about! Anyway, in one of our conversations, we discussed what it means to live in the now. I don't know about y'all but for me, it's often hard to enjoy the moment because I'm always worried about the future or the past. And when I'm worried about that my mind goes into overdrive because it's so overwhelmed by the things I need to do, have to do, should do and could do. I mean holla at your girl if you've had a similar experience, please. But for real, though, there is something to be said for living in the moment. And the best way to get present and strip away all of those overwhelming feelings is to focus on one thing, whether it be spending time with a friend, going for a walk, or sitting in class. Be present in that one task because you will never live that exact moment again.

Now some of y'all might be looking at your screens saying what the what? But trust me, this super simple action will remind you one to enjoy the journey and two will make life less overwhelming and scary.

So instead of trying to construct the whole story, focus on your current sentence. Do just one thing whether that means performing at an open mic night or texting an old friend or looking at the view outside your window. But look at life in steps rather than trying to predetermine the destination. Enjoy the journey. Because life doesn't start when you reach your destination. It begins with every step in your journey.

Hope this helps!!!

With all love,

Eliana <3