The Best Way To Eat Around A Nutrition Major Is To Eat Whatever You Want

Now I don't want it to seem like I am not passionate about helping my friends or family achieve their nutrition goals. But only if they ask for it.

49

Eat whatever you want.

A lot of friends have made comments about being uncomfortable to eat in front of me knowing I am a nutrition major. At first, I was really taken back but then I realized what the real issue is here.

I think more people need to understand that your comments about other people's lives and choices aren't appreciated when they aren't asked for. Too many people put their two cents in on topics that they shouldn't. Food choices and diets can be a very sensitive topic for people and comments from friends that may happen to be nutrition majors doesn't make that any better.

Now I don't want it to seem like I am not passionate about helping my friends or family achieve their nutrition goals. But only if they ask for it. I don't want to generalize everyone in my major but there is a stigma around nutrition majors that they force information down your throat about your food choices. Which I understand because other people in my major have done that to me. I understand how uncomfortable that is. But I also understand that they have good intentions, they're just going about it wrong since you didn't ask for their opinion before they gave it to you.

I want you to know that I am not the perfect nutrition major. I don't have a food Instagram devoted to my vegan dinners and workout routines. I don't always cook and bake things from scratch. And I definitely eat way too many Oreos. And there's nothing wrong with that. I like to think I'm realistic (sometimes even a little lazy) but I'm in college and I understand that there is a struggle to eat healthier. I'm completely in love with my major and everything it stands for. But I'm not going to shame you into eating better. So yeah, order that second dessert while we're out to dinner. Just remember to ask for an extra spoon for me.