How To Do Dances Stress-Free

How To Do Dances Stress-Free

5 Tips On Making Your Dances 10x Easier

6
How To Do Dances Stress-Free
Elise Johnson

If you've ever been to a dance, you understand the amount of effort put in to make it momentous. Here are a few tips to make life just a little bit easier.

1. Don't procrastinate

Obviously everyone has a hard time with this one, but it is so essential to go out and start doing things early. When you don't procrastinate dress shopping, you have much more of a selection, rather than when you go the week before and everything has already been picked over. This goes for boutonnieres and corsages as well, because when you give them the order about a week in advance you will be on their priority list; they will make sure to get it to you on time.

2. The internet is your best friend

The internet is so helpful when you need help on just about anything. You can use it to look for dresses online and it probably would have much more of a selection, not to mention you wouldn't have to get out of your comfy bed to go look around in stores. You should also use it to decide what kind of makeup look you want to do, knowing when is the right time to do an intense black smokey eye or more of a natural look. It all depends on the dress, which is why I recommend finding one early.

3. Practice makes perfect

Especially with make-up, it is essential to make sure you have your look down before the day of the dance. Most people, if you are like me, will just wing it (get it), but if you practice at least once, you won't be so worried about whether or not it looks as clean as you'd like. This also goes for hair, because you want to make sure everything looks good before you do it for real.

4. Coordinate, coordinate, coordinate

Nothing looks messier than clashing colors and patterns. This is a given, but some people forget to collaborate with their date to match their suit and tie. Another tip, even I forget, is to make sure you know what your friends are wearing if you are all taking pictures together so that you can just walk in like you own the place. If you know what group you are going in for pictures and dinner, it might help to all go dress shopping together and at least have a group text to make plans for everything.

5. Have fun

Nothing is worse than putting all your effort into making everything perfect and then worrying so much it ruins your night. You are fine, you look great, do not worry about anything else once you get to the dance. Find your friends and just let loose, because all that matters are the memories you make. If you worry about how you look the whole time you won't have any fun. Don't forget to make sure your date is having fun too, because if you go with someone you might not have particularly wanted to go with, it will just be awkward for everyone.

Hope these tips helped you out. If you have anymore, help people out and just comment them below.