How To Date in Texas

How To Date in Texas

Not being lonely in the lone star state

1211
How To Date in Texas

Everything is better in Texas, including the dating life! This state is huge, full of people, and provides great energy for singles. It is one of the best places to live as an eligible bachelor or bachelorette. It may seem overwhelming, but here are some tips to help you make the most of dating in Texas.

Go On Fun First Dates

Texas is such a lively place, so there is no room for mediocrity when it comes to actively dating. This state has some great barbeque joints, which is always a good idea for a fun first date. Yes, I said first date. Put the fear of messy barbeque and chicken fried steak behind you immediately. Both of you will be covered in sauce, so it will be fun to experience it together. Think of it as a casual icebreaker, then nothing else will be awkward! You should always take advantage of the local cuisine whenever you can. If you are looking for a more active date, it is home to some of the best concerts and shooting ranges. Gun ranges are great way to spend time target shooting. Some people even like to build their rifles from the lower to the upper receiver and take them to the range.

Chivalry

Make sure that you are on your best behavior, regardless of the gender with which you identify. Native Texans are known for being very respectful and expecting the same from others. Women often talk about how much they want a Texas man since they hold the door open for you, open your car door, and treat their partners like queens. If you are dating in this state, expect to feel like royalty on a date.

You Have to Love Football

The football atmosphere is insane in this state. It does not matter if it is your little brother's midget football match or the Cowboy's game, football runs deep in Texas. There is a reason why these cheerleaders have the most extensive recruitment process in the nation. Going to a game for a date is never a bad idea, because chances are you both are going to love it.

You Will Be Frequenting Whataburger Quite a Bit

Some people are obsessed with Chick-fil-a, others love In-N-Out, but Texans worship Whataburger. This is probably the most loved thing in all of Texas, with the exception of Jesus. Make sure that your taste buds are prepared for a lot of spice! They are very well known for their spicy ketchup that goes along with their fries, and they also have a burger that is labeled Jalapeno and Cheese. If you have never had it, it is not a problem! I am sure that your date will be so pleased to share the experience with you!

Expect to Travel, Like A Lot

If you live in Texas and are also dating someone from Texas, that does not mean that you are in close proximity at all. This state is filled with major cities like Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. They each have different vibes and put their own unique stamp on the South. However, if you are looking to do some tourism in the big cities, do not expect to just make a day out of it. You could be driving six hours to meet your date, or you both could be driving a long distance while carpooling to a destination. There is so much history here, so I would advise planning as many trips as you can with proper time management!

Dust off Your Dancing Shoes

Two-stepping and line dancing are bound to be proposed as a date idea at some point in your time on the market. With this becoming a new part of your reality, you are going to want to make sure that you know how to two-step or line dance.

Do you feel as if you have two left feet? No worries! There are definitely plenty of YouTube videos that can help you either learn how to or brush up on those dancing skills. This can be an extremely fun date, and a great one to go on if you are looking to make it a group event. This will help you understand how your partner navigates through fun situations or nerve-wracking ones, depending on if this is their first time!