Find Yourself, Not Your Soulmate

Find Yourself, Not Your Soulmate

Come to terms with the single life and HAVE FUN.

1292
Find Yourself, Not Your Soulmate
Kallee Gambrel

Stop looking. Stop looking over your shoulder every time you sit down in a crowded room. Stop looking around every corner at every party. Stop looking for them at every event you attend.

You get the idea, stop looking.

Trying to find “the one” seems to be the trend. Whether you’re a girl or a guy, you’re always looking for the one. It’s human nature to long for companionship, but are we supposed to lose ourselves while trying to find that special person?

There is an obvious answer to this question, but this needs elaboration.

A wise woman once looked at me and said, “You’re always looking for something. You might not consciously know you’re looking, but the expression on your face shows that you’re lost.”

I began to think and this is true, and it’s not fair to your well-being to search at all times for something that will happen when you least expect it. What now? What’re you supposed to focus on?

Just simply live your life. You’re young. This is the only time in your life that your only job is to learn, have fun, and find happiness within yourself.

Be patient and let fate take control of your life. When the time is right it will happen. Patience is a hard characteristic to obtain, but come to terms with the single life and HAVE FUN.

Go to that party with your friends and act completely ridiculous (responsibly, that is), eat the whole box of donuts, smile A LOT, take time for yourself and be alone (alone time is critical to having a healthy lifestyle), and most of all, have fun. Make it a point to smile in every situation.

This is the last time in your life that you’ll be able to act silly and it is socially acceptable. Do the small things that make you happy and do the big things too. Don’t revolve your life around finding a partner. It will come with patience.

Here are five daily rules to keep in mind:

1. SMILE, even if you’re upset

I promise it’ll eventually make you happy because smiling releases endorphins in your brain.

2. Spend time with your friends and make new ones

Say hello to strangers, go out of your comfort zone to meet new people (not potential partners, just friends).

3. Have fun

Whatever you consider fun, make sure to fit it into your schedule.

4. Take time for yourself

Binge-watch Netflix, put some headphones in and head to the gym, give yourself time to be alone.

5. Be happy

Happiness is a decision you have to make, so decide to be happy.

Stop looking for someone else and start finding yourself. Your forever will show up when the time is right, don’t push things. In the meantime, have fun and don’t forget to smile.