How To Be A Girl Boss, From Someone Who's Done Every Job

How To Work Like A Girl Boss, From Someone Who's Worked Every Job Under The Sun

If you know me, you know I'm always working. Here's how to work like the girl boss that you are!

666

I've worked pretty much every job under the sun. Here are some of my top suggestions for being a girl boss entrepreneur!

1. Babysitting

Babysitting purposelyawakened.com

Babysitting is the easiest place to start working. Especially when you're young. This will build your foundation for future work and provide you with credible resources for future employment in various fields.

I started babysitting when I was 12 for the kids that lived next door to us. From there, I built a network of families all across Westchester with varying needs and limitless recommendations for me!

Babysitting can involve the typical Friday night gig while the parents go on a date or to an event, or it can be as complex as driving three kids to their different afternoon activities after school. I recommend expanding your babysitting network as far as you can, this way there's always someone that needs you and a pretty consistent stream of income from babysitting. Whereas, if you only babysit for one or two families, you'll only be babysitting once every month or so.

2. Remote Learning Assistance 

This is literally the easiest job on the planet!!! With everything being so crazy now, so many parents are looking for help because they just can't work, take care of the house AND monitor their kids on zoom all day for school all at once.

I am helping a family with remote learning this semester and it's been going great so far! I make sure the kids start zoom on time for the start of school, make sure they are okay and aren't having technical difficulties and feed them lunch. Then with all of the free time I have, I can get my homework, reading or any other remote tasks done!

3. Lifeguarding

16 Thoughts From A Lifeguard media.defense.gov

I'll live by this statement for the rest of my life. Lifeguarding is the easiest job for young adults.

Lifeguarding was a goldmine for me. I've recently retired, but for the past 6 years I worked at 4 different locations sitting in the sun, tanning and yelling at kids not to run on the pool deck.

Lifeguarding pays minimum wage and sometimes above minimum wage. They usually pay overtime for holidays and pre and post season. There is literally no easier job than sitting around by a pool all day.

Sure, there is the obvious point that you're responsible for everyone's safety and always need to be on guard. That being said, if you are a responsible young adult and feel confident in your lifeguarding abilities, then this is definitely the job for you!

4. Swim Lessons

Swim lessons Swim lessons

Private and group swim lessons are to this day the most income I have ever been able to make in the shortest amount of time. Swim lessons are truly the easiest way to make fast money. As long as you know how to swim and can handle kids, you're set.

At my prime, I was teaching well over 35 different kids how to swim. This was at $25/$30 for a half hour lesson.

If you're a lifeguard and your facility has swim lessons, take advantage of this!

5. Dogsitting

Tired Dog GIF Giphy

What more could you want out of life than getting paid to play with a dog?

Dogsitting usually entails going over to the house and walking, feeding and wearing out the dog while the owners are at work. It can also include watching a dog on a more long term basis, while the family is away on vacation.

Either way, it's one of my absolute favorite jobs!

This will also be a bonus if you babysit for a family with a dog. If you also dogsit, you're more valuable to the family!

7. Customer Service

Customer service can be a challenging job to handle, especially when it comes to the Karens of todays world. However, I recently started working at Club Pilates as a Sales Associate and I absolutely love it! I make an hourly rate and I get commission from any merchandise sales and membership sales I make! Plus I get to take classes for free! It's a win/win!

I previously waitressed/bartended and also recommend that as an easy was to make quick money. The tips can be great, you just need to make sure you do your research going into it to make sure the clientele is going to tip well.

8. On Campus College Jobs 

If you are a college student, especially a commuting student, I recommend getting a job on campus. It forces you to spend more time on campus as well as more time encountering other students which will hopefully lead to more friendships!

At my college, I worked at the radio station for two years and our transportation office for just a semester due to COVID. I loved both jobs and loved all of the people I encountered through them!

Multiple Streams of Income

I've worked numerous jobs since I was about 16 and starting lifeguarding and giving swim lessons. Since I started, I've never looked back.

The most amount of jobs I've worked at once is 6 and the least is 2. The reason why I do this is to have multiple streams of income. When you have multiple streams of income it doesn't hurt you when one of your jobs cuts your hours short one week or if the family you babysit for doesn't need you one week. Additionally, at this level of work, most of the jobs available are part time anyways. So the trickiest part is figuring out how to create a puzzle that fits together 3 or so part time jobs. Plus, in some cases, an internship or two as well.

By having multiple streams of income, you have the opportunity to invest in your future. I am proud to say that 99% of what I own and use I have paid for and saved up for myself. I have been able to live a pretty nice lifestyle in Westchester NY and go into the city while going to college in the Bronx, and still save up thousands of dollars for my future.

I work so many jobs because I know it will make my life easier in the future. That investment is worth it to me and it should be worth it for you too!