How to not procrastinate

10 Productive Things To Do While Avoiding Your Homework

We all procrastinate, but why not get other things done in the process?

50

I am the queen of procrastination. I could have weeks to work on a project and I will still do it hours before it is due. I don't know if I work well under pressure or when this awful habit began, but there is no way I'm going to stop now. So instead, I've turned my procrastinating into activities that get some things checked off of my to-do list. There are always things that need to be done around the house or organized in your car. I am here to provide you with some of my favorite past times that relieve a little bit of stress while you avoid that 350-word discussion board you don't want to do. Let's get right into it.

1. Putting away that pile of laundry you folded and left on the end of your bed.

We are all guilty of it, but it's time to move that pile from the bed to your drawers.

2. Organizing all of your beauty products in your bathroom.

Creating a set of things on the counter you grab every day, and then the further you go down in drawers, the less you use those products. This changed the game for getting ready and allowed me to feel like quite the beauty guru.

3. Cleaning out your car.

Snag a box or trash bag and grab all of that junk you've been carrying around in your car for the last few months. Bonus procrastination points if you actually drive to a gas station that has free vacuums to deep clean it.

4. Prepare your meals for the week.

Even if you don't usually meal prep, I promise you, somehow you'll find yourself wasting 45 minutes cooking chicken and sweet potatoes.

5. Plan a trip somewhere.

Planning a trip is a perfect past time because when you finally have the time and money, you're ready to go.

6. Get rid of your old clothes.

There are so many pieces in my closet that I don't grab for anymore that could result in a little extra cash in my pocket. I could also use that money to get newer, cuter clothes. Win-Win.

7. Head to the gym.

Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.

8. Rearrange your bedroom or living room furniture.

I recently saw a tweet about how kids used to rearrange their rooms all the time and it felt like an entirely new space. Maybe a new space will result in less procrastinating. Or watching more Netflix, either way, I'm down for it.

9. Create your own little spa.

It's time to do your eyebrows, put on a face mask, paint your nails, and whiten your teeth. Self-care if a bomb way to avoid responsibility and look great doing so.

10. Write out your week in full on paper.

Even if you aren't actually doing anything, at least you will know what to avoid in the future :)

All jokes aside, keep yourself from taking a simple project and turning it into a life-changing event all because you waited until the last minute. Doing small things toward academic goals every day make homework and other requirements less of a hassle in the long run. Set your goals and achieve them in a timely manner. But whenever you need a study break, head back here for some inspo.